Ensign
# 11
05-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Dear cryptic, REALLY dropped the ball on the graphics here. Tell you're video coder to kick the drugs and get help. This would only be funny if i WAS joking. I see what the attempt was and the reasoning, it was wrong and flawed. Why is it the biggest attempts are the biggest flops?
Oh well, doesn't matter i am putting this frustration and inevitable time suck towards another vapid black hole like entity. So don't fix anything on my account, i will try my damndest to not come back.
Lieutenant
# 12
05-22-2013, 01:38 PM
So indeed LOR needs more tweak. Since the update my fps is absolute fail, it was never drasticly high before, but now i experience complete freeze and it is very often on the ground maps, doesn't matter if it is combat or social zone, space is also worse but nowhere near as ground. It is true that my configuration is a bit rare - i use amd A6 3420M APU with Radeon 6520G it aint very powerfull but it used to get the jobe done. I tried different settings but it didn't effect the fps at all.
Ensign
# 13
05-22-2013, 06:42 PM
The problem I'm having is that the skin on my characters and crew across all factions are missing textures and showing up as black spots on their skin in game. At the character select screen the missing skin textures are causing a glowing effect with the new energy shaft that appears around and behind the main character of mine and crew.

This is really ticking me off. Before this update the graphics were fine.
Ensign
# 14
05-22-2013, 07:41 PM
no probs since lor. but i would like to chip in and say yes this games graphic utilization is terrible i run 2 670s and they will run around 70c. i play bf3 at max graphics and the cards run around 35-40c. i actualy bought these cards specifically for how cool and quiet they run, they still run quiet but 70c is VERY hot especialy considering the graphics they are producing are kind of low in comparison to alot of other games
Ensign
# 15
05-23-2013, 02:17 AM
Here's what I'm getting

http://s12.postimg.org/lk3rxmy19/2013_05_23_00001.jpg

Was never like this before the expansion, it does this hourly, I have to exit and load launcher to fix it but it doesn't stay fixed.

It's very distracting, and since it wasn't a problem before I hope you fix it.
Career Officer
# 16
05-23-2013, 11:07 AM
One graphics glitch that I've noticed that might shed some light on this is that the rendering performance is now on par with how the game was prior to the expansion, if you had SSAO turned on. Turning SSAO on incurs no additional performance penalty.

So what I'm basically saying is that turning SSAO off doesn't result in an expected boost to framerate.

New Romulus is the worst area for this too. Framerate used to be in the mid-30s (with SSAO off), now it's easily half that (using an ATI 4890).
Ensign
# 17
05-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renomiller View Post
Here's what I'm getting

http://s12.postimg.org/lk3rxmy19/2013_05_23_00001.jpg

Was never like this before the expansion, it does this hourly, I have to exit and load launcher to fix it but it doesn't stay fixed.

It's very distracting, and since it wasn't a problem before I hope you fix it.
I see my character a little best but this the way of the graphics performance for my.
Captain
# 18
05-23-2013, 11:54 AM
I can feel both the increased load on both my High end Pc and my older laptop, both performance dropped with the same graphics settings.
Republic Veteran
# 19
05-23-2013, 12:01 PM
The game graphics have been updated all through the game, much higher res now. I'm not having any problems except for getting a message box right after the launcher starts to load the game, then i must pick a lower resolution and then the game starts just fine.

Weird part is it then goes back to full high res mode lol.

To OP, I see your running your 2 video cards in Crossfire mode while playing the game? I've read from alot of places that running in Crossfire is not such a great idea for some games if it's not supported....and i don't think STO supports it...might try turning off the mode and try the game again....just an idea
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Ensign
# 20
05-23-2013, 12:15 PM
I had a similar issue. Try going to the Troubleshooting section on the Video tab, and right at the very bottom change the memory doodad (I changed from AUTO to 1064+) - It solved the problem for me, and its worth a shot