Ensign
# 1 Dps
05-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi everybody Q: I run 2 DHC 1 quad cannon 1 Q-torpedo forward, 2 turrets 1 Q mine Aft all expt. Q mine are very rare at least XI. But I notice that other people I play in matches with do allot more damage than I do as in there cannons eat the shields and hull down in a few seconds I've even noticed beam ships being more effective than me. So whats the secret? Is there something I don't get? BTW I'm talking PVE and I have all power to weapons with consoles the level is 124
Lieutenant
# 2
05-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Are all your weapons the same energy type and do you have at least blue mk xi +%energy weapon type consoles in all your tac slots for them? Bridge Officer skills are obviously important too, make sure to always have either rapid fire or scatter volley up and running (have always 2 of those).

(this is a very very short answer because I'm excessively tired, but that should cover the basics).

Oh and also I recommend you ditch the mines and get another turret or the Kinetic Cutting Beam from Omega Reputation.
STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
S08: coming soon

Last edited by dichtbringer; 05-23-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Ensign
# 3 DPS Build
05-23-2013, 03:42 PM
3 or 4 Dual Heavy Cannons Up Front with Optional Quantum Torp launcher. (all same type, eg phaser or antiproton)
3 turrets at the rear.(all same weapon type as above)
All consoles that boost the weapon type you picked above (phaser, antiproton)
Lieutenant
# 4
05-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Bridge officer abilities are more important than fittings. Keep all the same energy type, buff with consoles. Then use tac team, canon rapid fire, attack pattern omega, emergency power to weapons.