Ensign
# 71
04-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
(If someone can tell me a really good species for maxing your crit-chance on epohh raising besides Paradans, if there is another species that is, that'd be much appreciated.)
El-Aurians from Hromi cluster support mission.
http://www.stowiki.org/Rekim_Fel
http://www.stowiki.org/Marza_Rumur
Lt. Commander
# 72
04-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I just figured this out a couple days ago myself.

To do the tagging mission in a group, each group member will need to pick up the mission. The timer doesn't start until you tag your first epohh, so just get in position and have someone say go, then you all start tagging. You'll see your counter register the tags group members are making.
Really? Because as I've outlined below, the timer went off while in a group.
And people were only just getting together! No one had touched an epohh.

Although well, I might of touched a few when the timer started ticking down, obviously.
But then again, no one seemed to react the same way I did, so perhaps it was just me?

I've no idea. All I can say for sure is that these insect bunnies are more trouble than they're worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Hmm, well you can share the mission if you are on a team as well. So one person can get the mission and then share it with everyone.

But 30 minutes? Really? I'm honestly curious...Because either you are picking up the mission and then doing it about 20 hours later, or for you it is somehow bugged allowing you to run it that quickly.

And it is the actual epohh tagging mission, right? Not just another small mission you can do on New Romulus?

(Not trying to sound rude or anything, just trying to get a better feel of what you are saying)
I never take anything to be rude on a forum, except particular developer views.

Now about that epohh tagging cooldown: all I know is that I believe I've done it about
three times, two times at the end of doing the other New Romulus specific mission dailies.
The first time I did it- I was interested in the epohh fields, saw the zone chat asking for
a group to do it with, joined- then I started the mission and the timer just went off!

So yeah, I freaked, figured I'd done something absolutely stupid and decided to call it a
night, having enough of the gaming riffraff. Got up the next morning (that was the evening
before) and loaded up STO to check on the old DOFF missions- then I saw Toreth, which
made me want to have another go to understand the whole mechanics of the mission.

Of course, because I just went offline mid-way into the timer there was a few seconds left
when I logged in, so I handed it in. It then said something like (00:30:00) for cooldown,
so I was like 'alright, just like the other dailies around then' (it's actually news to me it has..
what was it? 24 hours cooldown?) so I had my breakfast, came back, tried it out once more.

Did it solo then, but got sidetracked by a foundry mission ('Time will Tell' - which is quite
good by the way, I highly suggest it!) before I could hand it in. When I did give it in later
that afternoon after coming back home, it gave me another (00:30:00). So yeah, I did the
'daily roundup' of New Romulus to burn away the timer and then tried it again (why not?).

Yet again (00:30:00) at the end- with this time the handing in was quite assurably, prompt.

And well, that's the pretty much the end of the story, not to mention the boring wall of text,
my mindset, as well as partially my routine. You'll have to excuse my inept ability to make
summaries, but I suppose people like to dissect a larger amount of text at any rate, heh.

Now then, is that a better feel? Perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bernard Shaw
There are no secrets except the secrets that keep themselves.
Empire Veteran
# 73
04-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daroska View Post
I never take anything to be rude on a forum, except particular developer views.

Now about that epohh tagging cooldown: all I know is that I believe I've done it about
three times, two times at the end of doing the other New Romulus specific mission dailies.
The first time I did it- I was interested in the epohh fields, saw the zone chat asking for
a group to do it with, joined- then I started the mission and the timer just went off!

So yeah, I freaked, figured I'd done something absolutely stupid and decided to call it a
night, having enough of the gaming riffraff. Got up the next morning (that was the evening
before) and loaded up STO to check on the old DOFF missions- then I saw Toreth, which
made me want to have another go to understand the whole mechanics of the mission.

Of course, because I just went offline mid-way into the timer there was a few seconds left
when I logged in, so I handed it in. It then said something like (00:30:00) for cooldown,
so I was like 'alright, just like the other dailies around then' (it's actually news to me it has..
what was it? 24 hours cooldown?) so I had my breakfast, came back, tried it out once more.

Did it solo then, but got sidetracked by a foundry mission ('Time will Tell' - which is quite
good by the way, I highly suggest it!) before I could hand it in. When I did give it in later
that afternoon after coming back home, it gave me another (00:30:00). So yeah, I did the
'daily roundup' of New Romulus to burn away the timer and then tried it again (why not?).

Yet again (00:30:00) at the end- with this time the handing in was quite assurably, prompt.

And well, that's the pretty much the end of the story, not to mention the boring wall of text,
my mindset, as well as partially my routine. You'll have to excuse my inept ability to make
summaries, but I suppose people like to dissect a larger amount of text at any rate, heh.

Now then, is that a better feel? Perhaps?
Hmm...alright, thank you for the more detailed explanation.

The first time could be passed off as just hitting your cooldown timer, since the epohh tagging mission is on a 20 hour cooldown.

For the other two...no clue. Guess you just got lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin789 View Post
El-Aurians from Hromi cluster support mission.
http://www.stowiki.org/Rekim_Fel
http://www.stowiki.org/Marza_Rumur
I hadn't ever considered those. And they are perfect for it, thank you. I will add that to the guide.

Career Officer
# 74
04-19-2013, 04:00 AM
Sounds like lot of work but hella cool, thank you for this guide!
Career Officer
# 75
05-14-2013, 01:47 AM
I've read this guide (thanks BTW) and the info on stowiki, but I still have a question:

What is the significance of whether an epohh is evolved or not? As far as I can tell the only difference is the color. (Which in that case, my reaction is "so what?")

Am I missing something here?
Empire Veteran
# 76
05-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman98 View Post
I've read this guide (thanks BTW) and the info on stowiki, but I still have a question:

What is the significance of whether an epohh is evolved or not? As far as I can tell the only difference is the color. (Which in that case, my reaction is "so what?")

Am I missing something here?
Just color. At least in the case of the normal Romulan epohhs you get out of New Romulus. If you get an evolved epohh, it's purely because you wanted it for the sake of having it.

However, the winter epohhs from a few months ago, getting an evolved epohh was a very good thing, because critting a mission to get one of the winter ones, netted you more Romulan marks.

Commander
# 77
05-16-2013, 01:22 PM
nvm, edited to check something
Ensign
# 78
05-18-2013, 11:29 AM
The missions are on a 20-hour timer from when you first pick it up. So, pick up the mission. don't start for 20 hours, then you can do the mission and pick it up again and do it right away.
Career Officer
# 79
05-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Question about the tagging mission:

So I try to team with random people to do the tagging, as advised. Sometimes this goes well, everybody gets 4 tags, no problem. Other times however, I see people dropping out of the team early, and believe this reduces the count I get and the rest of us do NOT get 4 tags. So they get full credit and split, and we get shafted.

Q: Does the timer start at the same time for everyone on the team? At first I thought it did, now I'm not so sure.

I run down the little buggers until the timer expires. Am I being a noob? Should I bail early if I think I've gotten enough?
Empire Veteran
# 80
05-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman98 View Post
Question about the tagging mission:

So I try to team with random people to do the tagging, as advised. Sometimes this goes well, everybody gets 4 tags, no problem. Other times however, I see people dropping out of the team early, and believe this reduces the count I get and the rest of us do NOT get 4 tags. So they get full credit and split, and we get shafted.

Q: Does the timer start at the same time for everyone on the team? At first I thought it did, now I'm not so sure.

I run down the little buggers until the timer expires. Am I being a noob? Should I bail early if I think I've gotten enough?
Unfortunately, I can't help too much regarding jerky players if they are doing that.

Though if they are leaving and you are losing out on the full amount of tags, that might in fact be a bug and you may want to look into filing a report.

Yes, the timer does indeed start at the exact same time for a whole team. So be careful if you all aren't ready and in position.

As long as you see that you have at least 30 epohhs at any point, you do not need anymore. Past that, it's your choice. Might be good to keep going till the time is out, if you continue to deal with the aforementioned jerky-players.