Lt. Commander
Ok.. I could tollerate the fugly new UI.. but what on earth were you smoking that you got rid of the ability to toggle first person camera mode for both ships and ground? ARE YOU INSANE?? Seriously wtf is wrong with your team that you would actually get rid of an option? I know it didn't save the stupid setting I reported the bug but I wanted you to FIX IT!! NOT GET RID OF IT! Seriously pissed off.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2013, 06:19 PM
PS. I hate 3rd person camera games.. you just broke this game for me.
Career Officer
# 3 I don't understand
05-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes
The deprecated option to Enable Shoulder Camera has been removed.
This quote is from the release note for LoR recently published.
Reading this it looks like the design decision was to put Shoulder Camera in default and not changeble, meaning that players supposedly hated changing to first-person (...?).

Personally, I loved having the option to choose whenever I needed one or the other, and I too would have liked to see a line stating "fixed a bug where the option to enable or disable shoulder camera wouldn't save, reverting to default"

Thank you.
Ensign
# 4
05-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Somebody worked really hard on modeling Romulan butts and they're really intent on you seeing them.

But yeah, FPS mode was really helpful considering I cut my teeth on the original Doom and Quake. Now it just feels like I'm watching somebody else play KOTOR or something, an effect enhanced by the frequent lag spikes that make my character rubber-band around the level.
Commander
# 5
05-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Was looking for this yesterday. Why REMOVE an option? Who was it hurting lol...

Irritating.
# 6
05-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaerick View Post
Ok.. I could tollerate the fugly new UI.. but what on earth were you smoking that you got rid of the ability to toggle first person camera mode for both ships and ground? ARE YOU INSANE?? Seriously wtf is wrong with your team that you would actually get rid of an option? I know it didn't save the stupid setting I reported the bug but I wanted you to FIX IT!! NOT GET RID OF IT! Seriously pissed off.
That got killed when they killed the behind-the-head view, forcing that stupid shoulder-cam view on everyone.

-- Smoov
Commander
# 7
05-26-2013, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehlim View Post
This quote is from the release note for LoR recently published.
Reading this it looks like the design decision was to put Shoulder Camera in default and not changeble, meaning that players supposedly hated changing to first-person (...?).

Personally, I loved having the option to choose whenever I needed one or the other, and I too would have liked to see a line stating "fixed a bug where the option to enable or disable shoulder camera wouldn't save, reverting to default"

Thank you.
Ya know, the way they worded that in the changelog, makes it sound like it was the shoulder-cam view that was depreciated and removed. Not the behind-the-head/first-person view that was depreciated and removed.

When you remove an option to enable a feature, that means you no longer have that feature. In this case, the shoulder-cam feature.

When I first read it in the changelog, my first thought was "Yay! No more shoulder-cam!"... then I got into game and beamed down to the academy, to my horror at finding out the reality.

-- Smoov
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-26-2013, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovious View Post
Ya know, the way they worded that in the changelog, makes it sound like it was the shoulder-cam view that was depreciated and removed. Not the behind-the-head/first-person view that was depreciated and removed.

When you remove an option to enable a feature, that means you no longer have that feature. In this case, the shoulder-cam feature.

When I first read it in the changelog, my first thought was "Yay! No more shoulder-cam!"... then I got into game and beamed down to the academy, to my horror at finding out the reality.

-- Smoov
Exactly my reaction. Flying a ship from behind it is like wtf.. where's my cockpit view? I want to FLY the ship not be some weird thing behind it. If I wanted 3rd person flying mode I'd play EVE-O instead.
Commander
# 9
05-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Well, flying a ship from behind, is infinitely better than flying (or fighting hand-to-hand) from the side.

-- Smoov
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Huh? FPS view was infinitely better than chase cam. You shot where your camera pointed. You could rotate the camera from the inside to look in any direction like a POV hat in flight sims. Flying from behind is terribad. The camera is always lagging behind where your nose is and your ship is always in the way of your camera if you use DHCs you'll understand why that's important.

Edit: Oh you mean the over the shoulder vs directly behind.. gotcha..

Last edited by alaerick; 05-28-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Closed Thread