Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 91 Patching
05-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Anyone else have this problem... Ive been trying to patch the game for the past two days :/ first few times the launcher just self cancelled and turned off. This time the patch got up to near 50% then it suddenly dropped to 24%

Any help on matter be appreciated thanks
Ensign
# 92
05-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtrek74205 View Post
This game has been running poorly since the update.
The game always throws me out after taking 20 minutes to load.
I then have to wait in an hour long cue. Why is there a cue? There never was a cue before.
I exited the the game and I am going to go do something else I am so mad.
the reason for a queue is so that servers don't get over loaded and crash and the other reason why you have to wait is that lifers get bumped to the front of the line. i am a pay as you go person. as far as loading the game for me, i hav not had a problem yet. knock on tribble.
Ensign
# 93
05-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conanwolf View Post
Anyone else have this problem... Ive been trying to patch the game for the past two days :/ first few times the launcher just self cancelled and turned off. This time the patch got up to near 50% then it suddenly dropped to 24%

Any help on matter be appreciated thanks
DSL or satilight conections might do that. not sure. it also may be that every one there Wookiee, there Ewok and there Tribble are trying to laod at the same time. if your loading around 3pm your time and about 10pm your time. that would be a buisy time. now put time zones into play- im in NY. my 3pm is 12 west coast. not to buisy. my 6pm.... dam now i have to fight central time and Pacific time. i t took me 4hrs load 6 gig for this game- running 6 core and vid card that has 1 gig on-board mem. i did it in the morn for my time. hope this helps.
Ensign
# 94
05-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Well it crashed at 70% patched. Started launcher again and and it fully patched in a few seconds lol so its all patched. Now ive just got to wait in line to get on lmao
Ensign
# 95
05-23-2013, 09:29 AM
got to the end of abduction and nothing happened. i was running around looking toe see if i miss something. figured i try getting out and come back in. redid the mission, i had no problems the second time. might be a bug.
Ensign
# 96 Gateway
05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
First it says two of my characters are Science captains which is false i have 1 Engineer and two Tactical.

I cannot see any of my characters when viewing "Personnel Files".

The icon for very rare gear says its from the fleet store, has the two ships in the bottom left corner, it even does it for the device "Tribble of Borg"
Career Officer
# 97
05-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpykezente View Post
luv da R.L., i dont know but, Ship skill tray- every now and then after setting my ships skills, they get shifted around when i get a new skill. don't if you consider that a bug of not. the other thing i don't know if it is a bug or not- i chose to go FED. i was unable to pick a FED ship. i dodn't care ether way. taking rom ships for my Reman toon. two things i found. if they are bugs, i found some for ya.
Hi Grumpykezente, this section is for reporting bugs of the GATEWAY (https://auth.startrekonline.com) only. Not the game. Sorry.

Re-post your question, adding more details please, in the right section, thank you!

Ensign
# 98
05-23-2013, 06:50 PM
It wont let me make a new thread for some reason, but I just thought I'd post some bugs that may or may not be known.

1. When customizing a ship, if you click on parts that come from a ship that costs Zen, the game will keep the Zen needed to buy the parts even if you change them, so that you can't customize your ship, although it's an easy fix when you simply go and set another ship active, go into the customization and then go and set the original ship back to active.

2. old mail is not deleting, and since the auction house always sends mail when you sell something, they quickly pile up.

3. On the Romulan side, the first bridge officer you get, I can't remember his name, after you choose a side, federation or Klingon, his facial image when he talks to you through hail, is of a default federation blonde female human.

4. It is difficult to load clothing and body customization saves, most of the time they don't load at all, I figured a temporary way around it, load the whole save first, then double click on the image of the save under "Just clothing" then click load and it will sometimes work.

5. My Romulan's uniform uses the standard pants option, it just looks cool with all the straps and belts, but with my new character after choosing the Klingon side, the option for standard long pants has been taken away, maybe not a big deal to others, but I find that the tight pants on male characters makes them have bird legs no matter how buff I make them, which makes me want to just not change their outfits indefinatly.I spent hours trying to come up with the perfect uniform, and the options just get taken away.

6. Last, and most important, the chat seems to be broken, it keeps repeating lame bacon jokes.
Ensign
# 99
05-27-2013, 09:50 PM
I have played today for a few hours... ok, a lot of hours, and I have probably disconnected 10 times, at least. It gets very annoying. This has happened for the past week that I have played this game and I don't want it to keep happening. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, or how long I have been on. Now, this last time, I tried to log back in and it says there is an authentication error.... -.- I will try resetting the password and restarting my computer.... but it's not fun to d/c in the middle of what I was doing
Career Officer
# 100
05-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofhearts81 View Post
It wont let me make a new thread for some reason, but I just thought I'd post some bugs that may or may not be known.

1. When customizing a ship, if you click on parts that come from a ship that costs Zen, the game will keep the Zen needed to buy the parts even if you change them, so that you can't customize your ship, although it's an easy fix when you simply go and set another ship active, go into the customization and then go and set the original ship back to active.

2. old mail is not deleting, and since the auction house always sends mail when you sell something, they quickly pile up.

3. On the Romulan side, the first bridge officer you get, I can't remember his name, after you choose a side, federation or Klingon, his facial image when he talks to you through hail, is of a default federation blonde female human.

4. It is difficult to load clothing and body customization saves, most of the time they don't load at all, I figured a temporary way around it, load the whole save first, then double click on the image of the save under "Just clothing" then click load and it will sometimes work.

5. My Romulan's uniform uses the standard pants option, it just looks cool with all the straps and belts, but with my new character after choosing the Klingon side, the option for standard long pants has been taken away, maybe not a big deal to others, but I find that the tight pants on male characters makes them have bird legs no matter how buff I make them, which makes me want to just not change their outfits indefinatly.I spent hours trying to come up with the perfect uniform, and the options just get taken away.

6. Last, and most important, the chat seems to be broken, it keeps repeating lame bacon jokes.
I recognize all the issues apart from the last two.
But, for the love of god, read the title of the thread! It says "GATEWAY BUGS AND TECHICAL ISSUES". It means that this thread is only for reporting bugs related to THE GATEWAY.

Please, if you want your report to be considered, move it here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69
If you for I-don't-know-what reason can't start a thread, find one that says general feedback, or feedback on many bugs, or divide the post and put each bug report in it's own "territory"...

Yours is not the only misplaced post here. Please guyz, if you want your contribution to be read, make it easy on the devs.

Last edited by ehlim; 05-28-2013 at 01:49 AM.