Commander
# 1 Question about alignment
05-23-2013, 06:24 AM
Do we HAVE to pick a side? It seems to be against what a Romulan would stand for. Also, does anyone notice the Romulans are like the Pandarens in terms of character development and creation? (Pandarens can be Alliance or Horde, in the same way the Romulans can be Federation or KDF... Their territories are explored by both factions in the same way the Romulans' territories are.)
Check out my Odyssey Uniform, based on the Vulcan woman who was on the STO page during Season 6: New Romulus! (*Skirts and pants uniforms are listed*)
Ensign
# 2
05-23-2013, 06:28 AM
Traditional views of the Romulans would make choosing an ally very strange, them prefering to keep things internal. However since the destruction of Romulus and Remus things have gotten desperate, so acts of desperation become necessary. Empress Sela is trying to rule with an iron fist, some Romulans are taking exception to this.
Captain
# 3
05-23-2013, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asardetemplari View Post
Do we HAVE to pick a side?
If you want to be able to actually do anything, yes.
Ensign
# 4
05-23-2013, 07:56 AM
Mnhei'sahe - the Ruling Passion - is what moves us to work with our enemies. Just because we are forced to work with them does not mean we have to like them, does not mean we have to adopt their culture or values, does not mean we must become like them. We are Romulan and if Mnhei'sahe dictates that for a time we must work with and assist our enemies then so be it - but we do this because Mnhei'sahe rules our lives not because we are beholden to them.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Mnhei%27sahe
Captain
# 5
05-23-2013, 08:16 AM
What's a 'Pandaren'? They related to Feregi?
Commander
# 6
05-23-2013, 09:05 PM
*groans*

Fine... I guess I'll align my Romulans with both my KDF and Fed fleets then. But aside from a K'tinga, my Romulans will NOT use a non-Romulan ship.
Check out my Odyssey Uniform, based on the Vulcan woman who was on the STO page during Season 6: New Romulus! (*Skirts and pants uniforms are listed*)
Survivor of Remus
# 7
05-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asardetemplari View Post
Do we HAVE to pick a side? It seems to be against what a Romulan would stand for. Also, does anyone notice the Romulans are like the Pandarens in terms of character development and creation? (Pandarens can be Alliance or Horde, in the same way the Romulans can be Federation or KDF... Their territories are explored by both factions in the same way the Romulans' territories are.)
I understand why people are saying that Pandarens and Romulans are similar. However STO is different from WoW in the fact that the romulans have a totaly independent story and mission progression then any of the other factions. If anything cryptic made them a "sub-faction" because of PvP balancing and the fact that the KDF was already a low population faction.

As a pandaren in WoW your pandaren story ends after the newbie zone, but as a romulan you will have a unique story from FED and KDF which makes romulans more then WoW pandarens.
Raychul - Remen Sci Officer
Lumba - Ferengi Eng Officer
Vadesca - Orion Eng Officer
AKA: Yavin_Prime
Add a Race-change token in the Zen Store, please!