Empire Veteran
# 1 Romulan Dialogue
05-23-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm not knit picky or anything but I'll give a few examples to Cryptic of things they need to polish up on lol.

With KDF when did romulans start calling ppl petaQ' and things like referrences to Kahless lol.

This is a direct quote from a romulan bridge officer...

"We have to get out of Romulan Space and warn the homeworld. The Romulan threat may be over for now"

Okay so you are romulan that officer is romulan... ?!!?

Its more apparent in the romulan FE but I had to LOL several times at the Romulan saying We gotta get out of Romulan Space!
Captain
# 2
05-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Yes, this is the only aspect of the ally system I don't like at all.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 3
05-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Something I've noticed is a lot of Romulan NPCs, including BOFFs, address me as Captain. I'm not a Captain, I'm a Commander. Romulans don't have the rank of Captain.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Ensign
# 4
05-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
Something I've noticed is a lot of Romulan NPCs, including BOFFs, address me as Captain. I'm not a Captain, I'm a Commander. Romulans don't have the rank of Captain.
They aren't referring to you as of the rank of captain but as the captain if a starship. Well, I'd assume as much anyway since the dialogue is most likely built in the way that when a rank is used it simply inserts your current one, just like with your name.

I've had my fed char called captain before reaching that rank.

Now, the way the dialogue makes out boffs talk about Romulan space and so on is an issue, hope they'll do something about it but I kind of doubt it.
--------------------
Want to change the forum timezone? Go here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/pr...do=editoptions
The user control panel is for some reason missing a link to general options here on the STO forum.
Ensign
# 5
05-23-2013, 11:39 PM
You can be Admiral, Subcommander, Centurion, Lieutenant or any other title. But while you're on your ship, your crew should always adrress you as Captain.
Captain
# 6
05-23-2013, 11:45 PM
In the Federation, or maybe even the Klingon Empire, but I was under the impression that Romulans just didn't have the rank of Captain at all. Their equivalent is Commander. There's even a TNG episode where a human who defected to the Romulans and served in their military for years comes back to Starfleet, and calls Picard 'Commander', before correcting himself.

Quote:
Noting the difference between Romulan and Starfleet rank structure, in another instance of his disorientation, DeSeve greeted Picard as "Commander" rather than Captain. Despite having previously referred to Picard as "Captain", when he made his request with Riker speak with Picard, DeSeve's later faux pas was explained by a cut line, where he had excused his error by stating, "Captains, not Commanders... it's been so long since I've... I'll remember."
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Stefan_DeSeve

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!