Republic Veteran
# 281
05-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Coming from the person jumping down anyone's throat who disagrees with them, and subsequently going off on lore related rants: even more adorable.

Look at that, you managed to answer your own question. Elite is, and always has, scaled terribly. Not to mention that ESTFs and "Elite" missions are not remotely related.
NO..He IS right, there was an unintended consequence in game mechanics because of the EPTx "fix". I flew nothing BUT elites and with very good teams that often worked the estf's down to 5-7 min. today i felt like we were the stf version of the keystone kops. It was awful. instakils simultaneously to several of us (not grouped together) in different planes of approach. Methinks you love the new EPTx so much you have to get defensive, and a bit angry as well.
Captain
# 282
05-24-2013, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
If only I could get a tier 5 version to go along with my apparently game breakingly good (for feds) leech console.
Oh, the Plasmonic Leech isn't game-breaking; my problem with the release of the Plasmonic Leech is entirely timing and trade balance. The Leech is a very handy tool to balance the power level issues a Warbird suffers from, and even with the buff to match a High Yield (of unspecified strength) the Ionized Gas Sensor is not really that useful in comparison.

As far as the T5 or Fleet Exeter idea I've seen around, I have to agree that a cruiser that turns would very much make my Federation Engineer happy... the poor guy has to fly a Chel Grett to be able to turn, and the Exeter looks way cooler. Though aesthetics are a matter of personal taste, and I don't care that much about RP, it is nice to fly a ship from your own faction. Unfortunately, the KDF is extremely limited in the number of hulls to choose from, and really could use the expanded repetoire more than the Federation.
Starfleet Veteran
# 283
05-24-2013, 12:30 AM
[quote=breadandcircuses;10289031]Oh, the Plasmonic Leech isn't game-breaking; my problem with the release of the Plasmonic Leech is entirely timing and trade balance. The Leech is a very handy tool to balance the power level issues a Warbird suffers from, and even with the buff to match a High Yield (of unspecified strength) the Ionized Gas Sensor is not really that useful in comparison.

As far as the T5 or Fleet Exeter idea I've seen around, I have to agree that a cruiser that turns would very much make my Federation Engineer happy... the poor guy has to fly a Chel Grett to be able to turn, and the Exeter looks way cooler. Though aesthetics are a matter of personal taste, and I don't care that much about RP, it is nice to fly a ship from your own faction. Unfortunately, the KDF is extremely limited in the number of hulls to choose from, and really could use the expanded repetoire more than the Federation.[/QUOTE]

Unless you happen to be fighting cloakers. And now there is a whole faction with battle cloak.

2 new bop's so far. They may even start releasing more depending on if the KDF actualy starts buying some of whats there.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
# 284
05-24-2013, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojored View Post
NO..He IS right, there was an unintended consequence in game mechanics because of the EPTx "fix". I flew nothing BUT elites and with very good teams that often worked the estf's down to 5-7 min. today i felt like we were the stf version of the keystone kops. It was awful. instakils simultaneously to several of us (not grouped together) in different planes of approach. Methinks you love the new EPTx so much you have to get defensive, and a bit angry as well.
Observe. Learn. Adapt. NPCs now actually yielding noticeable buffs from their abilities isn't some monumental difficulty ramp up. It just means you need to plan for slightly more than pew pewing everything in sight.

Having to think about your tactics once or twice during an STF as opposed to doing nothing but mashing the Tac Team and autofire buttons is far from a bad thing.
Career Officer
# 285
05-24-2013, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojored View Post
I flew nothing BUT elites and with very good teams that often worked the estf's down to 5-7 min. today i felt like we were the stf version of the keystone kops. It was awful. instakils simultaneously to several of us (not grouped together) in different planes of approach.
Wow sounds awesome, thanks for the tip.

I hope these buffs have the Elite Borg punishing terrible players and teams!

Can't wait to get home and do a few runs, this will be fun.

Lt. Commander
# 286
05-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
I have doubts about that. Judging based on your posts here re: this topic, your grasp of this topic contains errors that anyone who is familiar with the mechanics wouldn't make. But again, this is besides the point and you are not on trial even though I resent your choice of words such as "gloat". In any event, times to move on, all we hearing is excuses after excuses that somehow justify these series of emotional outbursts.
I think you've targeted the wrong poster, bud.
Career Officer
# 287
05-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Not sure if someone said it in this thread yet but now KDF can get MACO, OMEGA, and KHG gear for ground and space. Please correct me if im wrong but KDF could not get OMEGA before ( I could be turned around here).

I think the green skins help the KDF faction myself, if we can get to fly ROM ships it would be better, so it works both ways on that. Im sure that may be coming in future. For now people enjoy the game and have fun with what you have rather than dwell on what you don't. You have it better than 80% of the people in the world. Just food for thought.
http://www.1279sto.com
Commander
# 288
05-24-2013, 08:43 AM
lol. so much pain

u guys are great, rofl. keep it coming.
Lt. Commander
# 289
05-24-2013, 08:56 AM
We got a romulan hunting torpedo system, I would say a federation hunting but come to think about it they only had 2 ships that could cloak, Thanks for the romulan faction the klingon heat seeker now has a purpose.

Last edited by dpglerch; 05-24-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Captain
# 290
05-25-2013, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Unless you happen to be fighting cloakers. And now there is a whole faction with battle cloak.

2 new bop's so far. They may even start releasing more depending on if the KDF actualy starts buying some of whats there.
The cloakers part is accurate, though the 2 min cooldown is far longer than that of a cloaking device, which rather reduces its effectiveness. You also trade a console slot to counter an ability that already has a nice list of counters. Power boost that builds as I shoot vs cloak hunter every 2 minutes... rather slot the Leech on either faction.

As far ships go, I rather hope you're right, and they do start to balance things a bit better as far as ship classes go. We'll see. At least my Federation captain has more toys to play with... I just wish the devs would balance the halves a bit further, rather than leaving them lopsided.

Oh, as a side note, I think the reason the system bugged when you quoted me is that the QUOTE part at the beginning has to be all caps.