Commander
# 31
05-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
well, anyone who has some grasp of the meaning of difficult, know tht beating something that is nearly impossible is not "easy."

if you are not up for the challange it is not the fault of the event
Post your screenshot of beating it please.
Commander
# 32
05-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
The dev said it was broken - you need 18,000 sustained DPS per player - I don't think there is any build in the game that can sustain 18k DPS - so the devs must have done some cheating to see how much was required.
Not cheating, just math, 10 players, Entity regen % is x, health is Y, Health regen ecislates by z% based on stage = how much damage it heals per sec / players present.

that was apparently the problem, they scaled the hp up, but left the regen alone, and it didn't end well, so their scaling the eltes regen down.
Career Officer
# 33
05-25-2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
well, anyone who has some grasp of the meaning of difficult, know tht beating something that is nearly impossible is not "easy."

if you are not up for the challange it is not the fault of the event
Please provide some evidence to support your attitude; it's been confirmed, by the Devs, as being impossible. If you think otherwise you need to disprove them

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 34
05-25-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm not sure if it is impossible though i have not been able to finish it.

One time i ran it on elite the others bailed. I stayed in to test my limits, but couldn't get it below 89-90%

With a well equipped team i believe it should be possible to take down, but it's not something that can truthfully be called "easy" at this time.
Captain
# 35
05-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Please provide some evidence to support your attitude; it's been confirmed, by the Devs, as being impossible. If you think otherwise you need to disprove them
please prove it is impossible. it has been confirmed by me, that it isnt. you need to disprove me
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Ensign
# 36
05-25-2013, 08:06 AM
The Elite one can be beaten. The health bar is displayed incorrectly to some players. When I played it it was working correctly, but for some players it was stuck at 99-100%.

I thought the regular one would be easier but it is just as difficult.
Career Officer
# 37
05-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Quote:
please prove it is impossible. it has been confirmed by me, that it isnt. you need to disprove me
Nope, you proved nothing, & since YOU are the one claiming it can be done the burden of proof is yours.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lieutenant
# 38
05-25-2013, 07:46 PM
All I have to say is this...: KInetic damage, kinetic damage, kinetic damage... and a science officer with atleast a gravity well... (that means you need a team that does mostly kinetic damage; torpedoes, kinetic cutting beam, gravity well, tractor beam repulsors...)

Also when the CE goes into absorption mode, gtfo... (away from the entity...) for the ensuing blast WILL kill everything around it.

I have never done the CE before, because I just find it ridiculous that this creature can actually be beaten by mere torpedoes where as in the next generation it needed a specific soundwave pattern (or sonic signal or something) to shatter it...

I tried it a day or 2 ago with a fleetmate, and we beat it (cant tell if its normal or elite though...) because we teamed up and my fleetmate took charge...

I was a science officer in the wells with just 2 torpedoes (1 front, 1 back; chroniton), gravity well I and tractor beam repulsors III (Reman bridge officer). Oh and disruptor beams (2 dbb and 2 array's aft).
To be honest I felt kinda useless unless I had either my torpedoes ready that I could High Yield (II) into the thing or until my gravwell was good to go or my TBR was ready...

Anyway, kinetic damage...

I believe it was on normal by the way...

Last edited by m4tth3wk4n3; 05-25-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: whatever
Career Officer
# 39
05-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suuperduude View Post
Post your screenshot of beating it please.

Agreed....I suspect some here have empty boasts.

Just to fix the issue I implore the devs to put a server wide message, not unlike Kobiyashi, when they beat it..

then we can see for real these boasts...or just empty windbags talking crap.

I suspect it is glitched to the point of healing far too quicklly..I am yet to see any glitched HP issues yet

Unless of course if the devs wanted an action for pure dps ships and their captains....
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Captain
# 40
05-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Nope, you proved nothing, & since YOU are the one claiming it can be done the burden of proof is yours.
says you. you proved nothing either, so I say you have to provide proof that it is unbeatable
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2