Career Officer
# 291
05-23-2013, 04:57 PM
I added a 1.6.0 version using the Mac Driver... it may or may not work for you at all.

Mine would not update right, and I had to trash all my STO files except Star Trek Online.exe and let it download everything again through the patcher.

You may also need to do the "-enablerawinputsupport 0" settings in the launcher options if you have input issues.
Ensign
# 292
05-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi, Let me start by saying I'm new, started 2 days ago, made commander last night. And I am a big fan and thank you for making this wrapper!!! Now I've been having some new problems since today's patch (yay) and I have no idea if it's STO, the wrapper compatibility with the patch, or partially my internet speeds. The first problem I have is about half the time, the launcher doesn't go past "patching" even though I already patched it. No progress, just "patching". The second is that the half the time that I get passed it, it goes great, loads character, and in the mid 90%'s (every time), the server stops responding and I can't get it back.

Thoughts?
Ensign
# 293
05-24-2013, 03:26 PM
therealdoh123 I am having severe graphic issues since the update that gave us Legacy of Romulus. Character models both playable and NPC have huge holes in the body unless covered by clothing. I am playing on a late 2009 iMac running 10.6.8 with 16 gigs of ram.

Before this update the games graphics were fine. The support staff suggested that I uninstall and then reinstall the game and download all the updates. I do not know how to delete the updates and only keep the STO Star Trek Online.exe

Can you help?
Ensign
Hi

I have the weirdest issue. I'm using version 1.51 of the unofficial mac version, it worked so well it almost seemed native, however I turned off my computer and after I restarted it just wouldn't open, any ideas?
Ensign
# 295
05-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Actually, never mind, I ported it to version 1.6 and it works just fine again (:
Career Officer
# 296
05-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by femshep View Post
therealdoh123 I am having severe graphic issues since the update that gave us Legacy of Romulus. Character models both playable and NPC have huge holes in the body unless covered by clothing. I am playing on a late 2009 iMac running 10.6.8 with 16 gigs of ram.

Before this update the games graphics were fine. The support staff suggested that I uninstall and then reinstall the game and download all the updates. I do not know how to delete the updates and only keep the STO Star Trek Online.exe

Can you help?
I think that is an ATI GPU Mac? if so... problems aren't surprising. Even so, even with only 10.6.8 there are tons of graphics bugs that Apple never fixed, because when they fix them they only fix them for the latest OS version. If you want to game on OSX, its usually best to use the latest version. Drivers in 10.8.3 are pretty good, especially for ATI/AMD.

Also see if it runs different with X11 vs Wine MacDriver. On 10.8.3 with the MacDriver, the game has been running really well for me.
Ensign
# 297
05-24-2013, 09:38 PM
therealdoh123 no the Graphics Card my system has is a NVidia GeForce 9400 so this isn't a ATI as you said I am looking a the Graphics Card right now.

I can't afford a new mac right now and I can't actually upgrade to 10.8.3. I did update to the latest wine wrapper though but that doesn't do anything for the character models.

Thanks.
Captain
# 298
05-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Any idea how to activate/add voice commands for Star Trek Online with macs speech commands?
Career Officer
# 299
05-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by femshep View Post
therealdoh123 no the Graphics Card my system has is a NVidia GeForce 9400 so this isn't a ATI as you said I am looking a the Graphics Card right now.

I can't afford a new mac right now and I can't actually upgrade to 10.8.3. I did update to the latest wine wrapper though but that doesn't do anything for the character models.

Thanks.
Try a lot of the in-game graphics options... sometimes certain options will show up issues that others won't... like on my GPU, certain nebulas look messed up if AA is turned on.
Captain
# 300
05-26-2013, 07:22 AM
Would you recommend using the new version for old mac users? Will 10.6.8 guys be able to give you useful data?
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, and T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The rule needs to change.