Ensign
# 1 Best Race For Melee DAMAGE
05-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Hey guys, just wondering what the best race for melee damage is. I do 236 melee damage per hit, 221 DPS with my SS using my Vulcan Tac, no buffs. Just wondering if any other race is more suited to dealing more damage in melee then the Vulcan.

Last edited by leonidas423; 05-22-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
05-25-2013, 04:36 PM
I found the Gorn with their bite, make a good option for melee combat.
Captain
# 3
05-25-2013, 07:20 PM
I would say liberated borg.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers

Last edited by age03; 05-25-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Captain
# 4
05-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Klingons win melee hands down. The "Honorable Warrior" required trait gives them +15% melee and + 15% critical severety, physical strength gives them +15% more melee, aggressive for +5% more melee, acute senses + covert traits for 20% more exploit damage, and lucky for critical hit chance. If you throw in advanced fleet armor you can get another 20% more melee damage. Toss in 3 purple security duty officers for critical hit chance and severety for a grand total of +55% melee damage, +20% exploit damage, +27% critical hit chance, and +115% critical severety. And that is without adding a few other things I can think of if your character is a tactical officer. Gorn characters don't come anywhere close to the amount of damage a klingon can do with melee.
Career Officer
# 5
05-25-2013, 11:18 PM
I'd have to agree with Klingon being best at melee. However, I've noticed that my Caitian bridge officer kicks some serious butt on ground. While my other bridge officers and I are aiming our phasers, my Caitian is already busy drop kicking enemies left and right.
http://www.libertytaskforce.com
Ensign
# 6
05-26-2013, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Klingons win melee hands down. The "Honorable Warrior" required trait gives them +15% melee and + 15% critical severety, physical strength gives them +15% more melee, aggressive for +5% more melee, acute senses + covert traits for 20% more exploit damage, and lucky for critical hit chance. If you throw in advanced fleet armor you can get another 20% more melee damage. Toss in 3 purple security duty officers for critical hit chance and severety for a grand total of +55% melee damage, +20% exploit damage, +27% critical hit chance, and +115% critical severety. And that is without adding a few other things I can think of if your character is a tactical officer. Gorn characters don't come anywhere close to the amount of damage a klingon can do with melee.
True, thanks, although anyone can get the armor, and the percentages only make a 7-8 damage diffrence.

Last edited by leonidas423; 05-26-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 7
05-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfoxjames View Post
I'd have to agree with Klingon being best at melee. However, I've noticed that my Caitian bridge officer kicks some serious butt on ground. While my other bridge officers and I are aiming our phasers, my Caitian is already busy drop kicking enemies left and right.
"Pounce" is one of the most fun abilities in the game. Nothing quite as satisfying as finishing off an enemy by having a cat knock them down.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
Captain
# 8
05-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
I disagree Humans would be slightly more in melee with thier Intelligence and leadership skills give them the best in melee combat.Humans would just need to stick phaser in your chest and vaporize you.You can't trust human face to face.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers