Lt. Commander
# 481
05-26-2009, 11:34 PM
I know its already been said - but great job with the movie tie-in.
Lt. Commander
What the hell are you doing??? Destroy Romulus? Are you NUTS??? Let me guess - you were staying up too late at nights designing all those glorious Romulan warships, got sick of it, and decided to CTL+ALT+DEL Romulans from the game.

This is ludicrous. I am EXTREMELY disappointed. Removing one of the largest and most popular star empires from the story is completely insane, and I have far less interest in playing in this game now.

Disaster?

Ridiculous is more like it.
Lt. Commander
# 483
05-29-2009, 05:23 PM
IC- Romulan Empire will die!!

OOC- Don't count them out. Romulans are cunning and very adaptable. Remind me of Recon!!!
Lt. Commander
# 484
06-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Rom being the Grand Nagus is awesome. I always like Rom.
Lt. Commander
# 485
06-24-2009, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
Wow I expected more crying, GJ STO community.
/agree
And keep the faith in a fantastic outcome, ALL of you... There's reason enough for doing so continuously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topekaguy1988 View Post
Was it ever really a question of if it would happen? They would of been really stupid not to have the new movie factor into the history of STO.
Indeed. Good job people. Faith in an awesome ST-franchise 'revamp' (word is too strong but sounds cool ) is rapidly growing as far as I'm concerned. Keep it up!!
Lt. Commander
# 486 Now I don't know...
11-29-2009, 03:30 PM
I was enjoying this site and the idea of the game until I saw that they would be including this part of it!! I did NOT enjoy that recent action/shoot em up movie titled Star Trek. In fact I consider it to be a joke to be forgotten. I'll continue to read this and see where it goes but I just don't know now.
Lt. Commander
# 487
11-30-2009, 06:31 AM
I like the tie in and the lore merger that they are doing with this. I liked the new movie; though I had a tenuous start with it after the first viewing. I am glad to see Cryptic bringing this into STO.
Lt. Commander
# 488
12-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Stratton
I like the tie in and the lore merger that they are doing with this. I liked the new movie; though I had a tenuous start with it after the first viewing. I am glad to see Cryptic bringing this into STO.
Is this a joke? This isn't a movie tie-in, not even close. This is an amalgamation with the movies characters using the same names, but this plotline isn't even close to that of the movie.

In the movie the star goes super nova then Spock outfits the Jellyfish and heads off to save Romulus and the planet is destroyed while he's on his way. In this nonsense the star in question is only twenty seven light hours from Romulus? That's close enough to affect its orbit, how could the Romulans not know it was going super nova? And Spock didn't head out until after Romulus was destroyed? Then why would Nero assume it was Spock's duty to save Romulus and thus attack him?

Spock says in the movie: "I was en route when the unthinkable happened: the super nova destroyed Romulus."

What does the MMO stand to gain by messing up the plot like this? The end result is the same, Romulus gone and Spock and Nero gone, they just changed things so the distance of the star makes no sense. This is a terrible "tie-in" especially considering they think trekkies wont notice the plot change.
Lt. Commander
# 489
12-02-2009, 05:33 PM
well it depends on the class of the supernova if i remember my astronomy classes but still if you read the graphic novel that puts a lot lead up history to the film
Lt. Commander
# 490 Jellyfish
12-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I thought in the new Star Trek movie it stated that the Jellyfish was built by the Vulcan Science Academy