Ensign
# 11
05-28-2013, 07:21 AM
same here - lifetime account - it must be easy to fix, I spent loads on my guy and now I cant use it until support manages to dig through all of the OTHER support issues...
Lieutenant
# 12
05-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

It sounds like you logged into the launcher with your PWE account before linking your Cryptic account to it (or played another Cryptic game with your PWE account before linking) -- this automatically creates a "Cryptic" account to link to it that allows you to log into the game, but it then makes that PWE account ineligible from being linked to a different, existing Cryptic account (because it's technically already linked, just to a different one).

Our GM team should be able to assist once they get to your ticket, but only they will be able to help. We hope to see you back in-game soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

How many weeks will this take? Some of us have been waiting that long already.
Ensign
# 13
05-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

It sounds like you logged into the launcher with your PWE account before linking your Cryptic account to it (or played another Cryptic game with your PWE account before linking) -- this automatically creates a "Cryptic" account to link to it that allows you to log into the game, but it then makes that PWE account ineligible from being linked to a different, existing Cryptic account (because it's technically already linked, just to a different one).

Our GM team should be able to assist once they get to your ticket, but only they will be able to help. We hope to see you back in-game soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This appears to be happening to me as well, lifetime sub. I want to buy the LoR pack but wont until my account is fixed.
Ensign
# 14
05-28-2013, 04:31 PM
So this has happened to me also, and the lack of any sort of official feedback (other than the automated "we received your ticket and will work on it soon!" one) is annoying. Even a "Hey, this is going to take awhile because we have to manually do complicated process X Y and Z for thousands of afflicted accounts" would be nice, cause at least we'd know the problem has been diagnosed and a fix is being attempted.

Anyways, I do have a question about this. If our account is in this weird state, where the PWE account wasn't correctly linked to the Cryptic one, if we attempt to use the PWE account to create a new character and just play, will this complicate the recovery of our misplaced characters? I just want to play, but I don't want to loose anything on my old account
Lieutenant
# 15
05-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfirestorm View Post
So this has happened to me also, and the lack of any sort of official feedback (other than the automated "we received your ticket and will work on it soon!" one) is annoying. Even a "Hey, this is going to take awhile because we have to manually do complicated process X Y and Z for thousands of afflicted accounts" would be nice, cause at least we'd know the problem has been diagnosed and a fix is being attempted.

Anyways, I do have a question about this. If our account is in this weird state, where the PWE account wasn't correctly linked to the Cryptic one, if we attempt to use the PWE account to create a new character and just play, will this complicate the recovery of our misplaced characters? I just want to play, but I don't want to loose anything on my old account
I highly doubt we we have a chance of getting our old accounts back, but if you are holding out hope I wouldn't risk it.
Ensign
# 16
05-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Don't make a new char and play if you plan on keeping that char. I am in the process of fixing my account and to recover the old char they will delete anything new. Its total lazy bull**** on them.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 05-28-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Ensign
# 17 Linking
05-28-2013, 10:59 PM
I gave up trying to recover my account 9 months ago after only ever receiving the auto response to tickets. I however tried again a month ago as LOR looked like fun to try. 20 days for first response with generic links to fix problems. I followed the instructions for further information to be given and am currently at 2 weeks wait. Is this happening for everyone? I wanted to buy the LOR pack while it was cheap, 2 days until it goes up.

Last edited by shadowexx; 05-28-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Ensign
# 18
05-29-2013, 12:52 AM
Same problem here, had a beta account and a maxed out char... The joys of the free-to-play business model !
Ensign
# 19
05-29-2013, 01:56 AM
I too came back to try out the romulan expansion but i also had a decent leveled starfleet char(I think at least Lt Cmdr) and i'd like to get that back.

I'd imagine customer service would want to make this issue a priority, no? Maybe if i posted the number for my ticket would that make it easier for them to find it?
Ensign
# 20
05-29-2013, 03:26 AM
And guess hwat.....asme issue as mentioned before right here!
Closed Thread