Captain
I realize the above may seem like a dumb questions, but hear me out. I've noticed that a lot of bound-on-pickup items from the Lobi store, lockboxes, etc, come in crates/boxes. Can they be sold on the exchange or sent via Mail while still in said boxes?
Ensign
# 2
05-29-2013, 11:39 AM
So far as I can tell, you can sell on the exchange whilst still boxed, but not once unpacked. Discovered that the hard way with a pair of BioNeural warheads...
Rihannsu
# 3
05-29-2013, 11:45 AM
yeah, bind on pickup means they cannot be sold once opened, but while they're still in the box they can be.
Career Officer
# 4
05-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Rule of thumb: Anything that binds on pickup cannot be sold on the exchange. Most crates/boxes can be sold over the exchange and capable of being mailed, so long they remain unopened.

Just make sure you check the description of each item on the Lobi store or any store before you buy something.
Cryptic forum join date: January 2010.
"Captain" Akira Kato of Lafamilia fleet.
Captain
# 5
05-29-2013, 04:42 PM
In that case, does anyone know if bind-on-pickup Lobi store items like the Tholian sword or the Relativity pistol come boxed? As far as I can tell, they don't, but I'd like to be sure.
Captain
# 6
05-30-2013, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
In that case, does anyone know if bind-on-pickup Lobi store items like the Tholian sword or the Relativity pistol come boxed? As far as I can tell, they don't, but I'd like to be sure.
If they have a normal icon instead of a box then they do not come boxed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
05-30-2013, 04:32 AM
Bind on equip items can be sold as long as the item are still boxed (lockbox ship and lobi ships)

Bind on pickup are bound to toon as soon as it is obtained (placed in inventory), so it cannot be sold on exchange or moved to a different toon. You can sell it to a vendor to recoup some EC. (all items at Dilithium store and unboxed items at Lobi store).
Ensign
# 8
05-31-2013, 02:50 AM
bind on equip means that you can sell it if you have not unboxed/equipped it to your character/ship.

if you equip it, you have to sell it to NPCs.