Lieutenant
# 11
05-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Not to stray to far off topic, but if you guys are going to be adding more "ship visuals" to equipment (an idea I whole heartily applaud!!!)... PLEASE begin or push through some kind of "visuals" tab (very similar to how the MACO/OMEGA/HG ground outfits work) for ship appearance.

I don't think I'm alone in the notion that having the ship look how we want, separate from stats and set bonuses, would be a HUGE boost to player "voice" and expression in this game, as well as continuing to add "choices" for the player to make and shoot for.

Further, you could make them tied to accolades and earning gear for "costume" unlocks.

You could start by only doing it for pieces with art tied to them currently, and perhaps eventually add "new" visuals (ala, veteran patterns for lockbox ships.)
Captain
# 12
05-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levelshift View Post
Now I seem to have one problem remaining - the deflector is still showing in the yellowish-green color, and there is no "Disable Visuals" option for that item. I am 99% sure that it was blue before. Am I remembering this wrong, or is this a bug? FWIW, I have a Sovereign assault cruiser and the deflector is the Tachyon Beam Array.

Thanks for the help.
The Sovereign is supposed to have an orangeish deflector. As I understand it, the old model had it wrong and perhaps, if you zoom out far enough, the lower quality model still has it blue. Haven't tried for a while.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Rihannsu
# 13
05-31-2013, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by druhin View Post
No offense to the art team, but that Breen shield visual looks horrible. Green engines may be appropriate for a Borgified ship, but looks really bad as is.
To each his own. Personally I think the OMEGA space set it the fugliest thing ever. Breen just looks odd on a sovvy.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
05-31-2013, 07:02 AM
The point of the visual is to make your ship look Breen. If it weren't awkward and weird looking it wouldn't be doing its job.