Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Ensign
It's especially bad on away-missions, where, depending on the environment, every five steps or so a new building or other type of large object comes into draw distance and the game freezes for a half second.

I'm assuming that's what it is at least. I've already tried reinstalling the game, but it's in via Steam so I'm considering deleting all of it and reinstalling tonight from the STO installer to see if it makes a difference. (Since that download takes nearly a day if you don't use Steam.)

I've a great deal of games installed on this system. (GTX 460 video card) None of the other Cryptic games I play are having this issue, and I don't recall this issue prior to LoR, because I'd have tried to fix it then.

I'm extremely hesitant to upgrade my video drivers due to the issues that can come along with that, but I'm using 9.18 I believe if that makes a difference.
Ensign
# 2
05-28-2013, 08:17 PM
So it seems the best way to fix this is to post about it on the forums.

I played one mission today (after several days of this issue) and had no problems. Might have just been that level, but I seriously doubt that. Wish I'd more time to test tonight!
Career Officer
# 3
05-28-2013, 09:22 PM
I have been getting the same issues in both STO and Neverwinter... I never run into this issue until this past friday (5/24/2013) I wonder if the server is getting bombarded with traffic or something due to the new Romulan content and Neverwinter beta...but you'd think STO should be waaaaay past these traffic hicups by now.
Career Officer
# 4
05-29-2013, 08:38 AM
The problem is, each time it has to load something like that, you're loading a separate chunk of the map that the server may have updates for. The problem is, the server is so overloaded at this point that every small update it'd normally immediately send your way is instead getting buffered and sent in large chunks. Now, a half-second of hitching isn't bad.

Five-plus minutes to port into Sol System with half the screen covered by a nettiminggraph? That's bad.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1...3052908185.jpg
Commander
# 5
05-31-2013, 08:59 AM
I have this problem now and I posted about it on Tribble during LOR beta testing. It seems to be a loading of textures etc. Happens on quite a few ground maps. And tribble population was fairly low when I tested this. I have disable on demand patching checked. So it's not downloading new files. Tried changing drivers with zero effect. While it's not a game breaker for me it is rather annoying as it happens on most if not all ground missions.