Commander
# 71
05-31-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by distantworlds View Post
And other people have had problems. I've had Steam sell me broken games. Literally unplayable due to the DRM. The keys steam provided were forgeries, checked even against the DRM provider's website. Steam support insisted it was a problem with my drivers. I will never buy anything from steam again.

And other people believe that they shouldn't have to sign over their computer to a company just to play a video game.

Remember, these contraptions are not created for the benefit of the player, but for the corporation. They are completely about gaining more control of the player's PC and do nothing to improve the player's experience.
This is all a little off topic and besides the point. I appreciate that you've had DRM problems with Steam and although I've never had such problems myself with Steam, I'm sorry to hear that you have had.

As I said though, it's a little off topic and nothing really to do with account security and/or Arc.
Survivor of Romulus
# 72
05-31-2013, 01:04 PM
I'll stick with launching the STO launcher myself, thanks. I don't need Arc to do it for me.

Only real question is what to do when ("If"- hah!) it becomes mandatory.
Lieutenant
# 73
05-31-2013, 01:13 PM
yea no thanks for me too
i in no way shape or form want this launcher, STO is the only game i play
"If" it is ever made mandatory, then i will reevaluate playing STO
i dont need news, updates or sale info, etc for 6 other games i dont play, or to download extra software to play the 1 game i do

as long as it remains optional i dont care, if others want to use it, its up to them
"Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
-General Chang

Last edited by captainmikec; 05-31-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Captain
# 74
05-31-2013, 01:26 PM
With the sorry state that Cryptic has put Champions online in and Star Trek Online following the exact same path, i'm not playing that many Cryptic games in general, too many things are broken and more are breaking faster than they're being fixed. If they add onop of that a mandatory download then yeah, i can understand why a lot of people will be leaving for good. Origin was a huge waste and i already don't trust Cryptic enough as it is with all the lies they pass around, PWE is even worse for it, so the less they're on my system the better. Especially when the games i DO play arent even compatible with the Arc just tyet, and given that after all this time still aren't compatible with the core connect, this really doesn't give any reason to download it.

Unless this allows me to transfer all zen including stipend zen from CO to STO or NWO than i really couldn't care less. I'm sorry, i just don't. It's a bad idea from a bad company and i want nothing to do with it.
Captain
# 75
05-31-2013, 01:33 PM
With City of Heroes, when NCSoft started requiring their launcher, people figured out ways to launch the client without the NCSoft launcher. Someone should figure out how to do that with STO, just in case.
Lieutenant
# 76
05-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerelden View Post
I'd like this better if it incorporated a game updater, it's a bit pointless using it when you still have separate launchers for each game. Why would I go in to Arc to launch the game just to have another launcher pop up when I could just use my desktop icon to go straight to the game?

If it automatically updated the game, thereby skipping need for a launcher altogether, I'd like it a LOT more.
+1
This; only reason I wont use it.
Career Officer
# 77
05-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Sorry, but I don't think i'll be downloading this. Instead of developing programs like this, why don't we start working on Star Trek Online and making it the greatest game that it is supposed to be? More playable content, more events, MORE BUG FIXES!
Commander
# 78
05-31-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdpt23p13 View Post
Sorry, but I don't think i'll be downloading this. Instead of developing programs like this, why don't we start working on Star Trek Online and making it the greatest game that it is supposed to be? More playable content, more events, MORE BUG FIXES!
This Arc program was developed by PWE, not Cryptic who Develop STO!
Lieutenant
# 79
05-31-2013, 01:42 PM
1th. STO do not work white CORE (Total Game Characters: 0)
2nd.ARC look's good, i am installing game now through it, but i would like to see one feature in it...when i login arc and press play on the game, gameclient automatically start. . .
Career Officer
# 80
05-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Hey, Cryptic...

Why don't you spend your time and resources doing something useful...? like getting stable servers, bugs fixed, real endgame content (not stupid fill-the-blank Project grind) without timegates....

I will never use Arc if i'm not forced to. And i will only use it to launch this game. Don't loose your time with this.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 05-31-2013 at 01:49 PM.