Empire Veteran
# 21
06-01-2013, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post

I had an interesting thought the other day as well, to give the KDF side a unique torpedo:

A double-photon torpedo launcher. It'd be simple, a photon torpedo launcher, but it fires two torps every time it fires. If you fire it with a HY, it'd be double the HY torpedoes. To balance it, it'd be a bit weaker torpedoes.
I really like this one, makes it different to the Federation one but very Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
A disrupted-photon torpedo. A normal, or almost normal damage torp which in turn has a damage resistance debuff when it hits the target. It'd look like the greenish torps you sometimes see in the shows fired from Klingon ships.
I also like this one, perhaps combining the two of these tinto one would be very awesome, even if it has the standard arc to compensate for it's abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generator88 View Post
This is just my fatigue-addled brain tossing ideas at the wall trying to figure how to make something like that happen...

What if ships had differing Armor modifiers, the way they do for shields? If a Neghvar was that tough, it could have an armor mod of like, 4 just to throw a big number into play, and then a single blue XI Neutronium would provide about 55% resistance. Would that be a step toward making big "big trouble" instead of "big target?"

-Gen
This is another great idea. These ideas could really work in a 3-pack. And before people start staying it would be OP. How many times have we gotten the short stick? How on Earth does Cryptic expect to gain more KDF players if they always give us stuff that isn't as good as the other factions. Something unique and remarkable is really something the KDF needs right now, we got a tutorial and a few unique missions which was nice, but far less than was actually implied by Cryptic. No uniforms, more cross factional missions and only two low tier ships that were built over 12 months ago and are BOP's which need a buff anyway. They wanted us to think they did all this for us, while I appreciate the work and the quality of the missions we still got the short end of the stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
How would you do super-disruptors though to make them unique, and instead of just another gimmick console skill? A mere damage boost would be dull, something accomplished with Overload anyways, and just a variant of existing Disruptor Cannon / Phaser Lance systems anyways. A weapon with some kind of unique modifier maybe, similar to the Regent's torpedo, but what?

Also if the Regent got a weapon and a console, why not similar for the Negh'var? One idea, when we first saw the Negh'var, it was launching boarding actions even in the middle of battle, beaming warriors in even with shields still up. Why not a version of Boarding Party, using transporters instead of vulnerable and time-delayed shuttles? The game already has a mechanic for it with the Borg, and the idea of ditching your ship to stab your enemies in the face is about as Klingon as one can get.
I agree the Regent got two weapons so why not the Negh'var retrofit. The torpedo I quoted and talked about earlier in this thread and a inbuilt boarding ability would be great. Combine this into a three pack with perhaps one of the 3 heavily science orientated would be awesome. Some say we have the Bortasqu', but the bad turn-rate has turned a lot of KDF players off it, one of the worse turn rates in the game, especially considering we are used to KDF Battlecruisers and their turn rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"