Ensign
# 651 why is star trek ofline again
05-28-2013, 10:28 PM
no time when come back ore somthing i think heve reboot everthing
i think is best make game everthing new that everthing is working 100% and if ppl there monney back ore if everone 150000 gold and first mounth premium free mabe then is everbody happy but that is that is perfect world onwer have see yes but if gos like this i think lot off ppl wil stop the game grr dj_leen
Ensign
# 652
05-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
The two games have never been hosted on the same servers, and the queues aren't based on any resource that's shared between the two games.

This is a myth that's never been remotely true.
Then why is it when I'm on STO and I go to my friends page I see some of my friends being listed playing on Neverwinter? If they are not on the same server then why can I see them in Neverwinter when I'm in STO?
Career Officer
# 653
05-29-2013, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracos84 View Post
Then why is it when I'm on STO and I go to my friends page I see some of my friends being listed playing on Neverwinter? If they are not on the same server then why can I see them in Neverwinter when I'm in STO?
This is a feature of cryptics games that is nice. You can talk across games and even access the mail across games. You can't exchange items across games unless you are on the same server.
Cryptic
Joined August 2008
Community Moderator
# 654
05-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracos84 View Post
The chat server is separate from the games, and is shared by every Cryptic game and every shard. It's also accessed by people not in any game, using an XMPP client; I do this all day every day from work. Cryptic employees also use it internally for work.

You can even access your supergroup/fleet/guild chats via XMPP, which is awesome.

This is one of the major reasons I play mostly Cryptic games.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Ensign
# 655
05-29-2013, 05:56 PM
I am still unable to purchase the Lifetime Subscription that was announced when the Legacy of Romulus was released!

I've tried paying with my bank card on multiple occasions, and even sent a ticket to PWE asking about it TEN days ago....

I have read that people have been able to purchase it with PayPal, but I do not want to register and create an account with them if I have the option of just paying with my card...

Help please?
Captain
# 656
05-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
The chat server is separate from the games, and is shared by every Cryptic game and every shard. It's also accessed by people not in any game, using an XMPP client; I do this all day every day from work. Cryptic employees also use it internally for work.

You can even access your supergroup/fleet/guild chats via XMPP, which is awesome.

This is one of the major reasons I play mostly Cryptic games.
It is a very cool chat system.

The server tech is pretty cool as well.

Really everyone complaining when was the last time you played any AAA MMO that let EVERYONE that played the game all access the same "server"

Yes of course the hardware side consists of multiple internal servers. Cryptic has always had pretty cool and innovative server side shard style game code.

Yes it seems there hardware has been taxed by releasing another major game and a major expansion in pretty quick succession.

They will sort it... really though I would trade a month of annoying outages as they work through it then the solution most companies would go to. Which would likely see most of us playing on second or third servers and not being able to team and enjoy the game with friends.

Good luck sorting it Cryptic.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Ensign
# 657 not mac compatible?
06-01-2013, 08:19 AM
yet another game which has made the biggest fail - not mac compatible, will this error be rectified?
Rihannsu
# 658 Thanks
06-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Thank for the nice FAQ and thanks for this awsome Game.

Last edited by nx170487; 06-01-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Ensign
# 659
06-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Originally when I became a Lifetime Subscriber, it was stated that there would be items that only Lifetime Subscribers could get...every time something new comes out as a 'Lifetime Subscriber' perk, it becomes available for everyone to buy on the CStore within a month or two...I am not a satisfied customer. What happened to all the LTS only perks? What happened to all the promises that LTS's would have all the perks without having to do all the paying for those perks? Seems like another moneygrubbing company trying to take more money than it's worth to have the Romulan setup cost $125.00 for everyone including those of us who gladly forked out $300 for our Lifetime Gold Subscriber memberships in order to enjoy our perks...your entire game has been nothing but lies and promises that were not followed through on. I have no intention of buying these perks or further spending money for things that should be LTS perks.
Ensign
# 660
06-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Take for instance the free pre-order tribble, the free pre-order targ, the Constitution Class pre-order reward...all sold in the CStore or publicly available to those who are not lifetime subscribers but yet were originally only for pre-orders and lifetime subscribers...just a couple examples of how they have gone back on their words.
Closed Thread