Starfleet Veteran
Hi folks

Just wondering...it says the Tal Shiar Battle Cruiser has a turn rate of 7 (that's the reason why I preferred this ship over the slower D'Deridex).

But when I watched up in the Movement Stats (press U), it says the turn rate is 4,7...despite the active additional Helmsman-Space Trait on my char.

Does anyone has an explanation for this? It should be more than 7 with the special trait, right?
I just watched up the FAQ of the Lock Box: The Battle Cruiser should definitely have a turn rate of 7!
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetiamatt81 View Post
Hi folks

Just wondering...it says the Tal Shiar Battle Cruiser has a turn rate of 7 (that's the reason why I preferred this ship over the slower D'Deridex).

But when I watched up in the Movement Stats (press U), it says the turn rate is 4,7...despite the active additional Helmsman-Space Trait on my char.

Does anyone has an explanation for this? It should be more than 7 with the special trait, right?
I just watched up the FAQ of the Lock Box: The Battle Cruiser should definitely have a turn rate of 7!
engines and other things affect turn. but u also have to messure it properly.

sitting still will not give u the proper turn rate while in space bring up the movement info and slowing increase speed u will see the turn change as u move.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
06-01-2013, 02:40 PM
OK...I changed the skills.

And I saw that if you are moving your ship, the turn rate gets higher, until you reach 25% impulse speed. There, the turn rate of the ship is 12,4. At a complete stop, it is 4,7.

I just wonder what the "7" in the description means. Is it the maximum turn rate without the skills and other passives?
Republic Veteran
# 4
06-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetiamatt81 View Post
OK...I changed the skills.

And I saw that if you are moving your ship, the turn rate gets higher, until you reach 25% impulse speed. There, the turn rate of the ship is 12,4. At a complete stop, it is 4,7.

I just wonder what the "7" in the description means. Is it the maximum turn rate without the skills and other passives?
To see that 7 turn rate you need to be at normal impulse, but with zero engine power and no points in impulse engines, and with no other turn rate modifiers, like engines and RCS.