Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Republic Veteran
# 11
06-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Trills are super pacifists, and don't make a lick of sense joining the Republic.

Neither does Vulcans outside of a few whom may believe in Spocks teachings and in the reunification, but they would likely be in very few numbers.

The Alien Generator can be explained away by them being mercenaries, or refuges subjugated by the Empire now living with the Republic out of necessity, but lets not make it any worse than it is.

We shall however welcome (subjugate) the lost Sulibans to the Republic. They might make good spies if it is the genetically enhanced ones.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
06-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Can we please keep some semblance of the Romulan homogenous society? Please?
Rihannsu
# 13
06-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrott1 View Post
I agree. I would go so far as to say the Romulan Republic should just be Romulan and maybe Reman. I do not like what was done with the Klingon Defense Force either. It should have been Klingons period. The KDF and Romulan empires are being reshaped to be too much like the Federation. The Federation is the conglomeration of several species working together for their betterment. Why play KDF and not play a Klingon, why play Romulan Republic and not play a Romulan/Reman? I can't quite figure it out. My only assumption is that people who want these options are not strict followers of the Star Trek television shows. Anyway, just my opinion.
I agree with this lets not water down the "Romulan faction" anymore than it already is.
Captain
# 14
06-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Reunificationist vulcans can be made by alien generator, or just creating a romulan and not giving him or her any ridges.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Rihannsu
# 15
06-01-2013, 05:31 PM
People are suggesting this because this is a GAME, an MMO to go even further.

In MMO's especially people want choice, the KDF has so many races to give people choice, I for one want the option of a Vulcan or Joined Trill for the Republic, because it means choice.

Canon be damned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
My Romulan character is a Trill-Romulan hybrid.

It confounds me as to why so many players obsess over the options available to other players. If you don't like Trill playing for the KDF, then don't play one. Mind your own business.
This, if you don't like it, don't play it, don't decide for others what you think they should play.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
06-01-2013, 05:43 PM
In the General population.....HELL NO!

Player specific bridge crew....Why the hell not?

Romulans are a very xenophobic isolationist culture. D'tan and his merry bunch of hippies know thy have o break with some tradition and cultural "programming" in order to establish this New Romulus order.

They have allied with the Feds and Klingons before when the fate of all hung in the balance so it makes sense they would seek help from them, but to open up to all aliens, no way. Part of the mystery and intrigue of Romulans is their isolationist ways. We've already lost some of that not having all the secrets of the Tal Shiar and the senate.
Republic Veteran
# 17
06-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta View Post

In MMO's especially people want choice, the KDF has so many races to give people choice, I for one want the option of a Vulcan or Joined Trill for the Republic, because it means choice.

Canon be damned.

This, if you don't like it, don't play it, don't decide for others what you think they should play.
You aren't really exempt from that either. If you don't like the way Romulans are portrayed, you have plenty of opportunity with the Federation and Klingons to play, where you have your choice.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-01-2013, 06:07 PM
I used the alien generator to create a human character whose own misfortunes landed him on Virinat some eight months before the Tal Shiar invaded. According to the backstory I created for the character, she was flying an old Dominion-War surplus runabout (that she purchased from a crooked Ferengi salesman) called the "Lucky Lou" that was ambushed by Nausicaan pirates. The pirates had knocked out her weapons and navigation, so the best she could do was a blind warp to get away from them, which is how she ended up in the Virinat system. She found a Romulan farming colony there, where she made a few friends and ended up staying there and helping the colonists. Of course it did take a while for the Romulans to get used to having a human among them, but by the time the Tal Shiar attack, they Romulans of Virinat colony considered Lorina Lee almost as one of them.
Career Officer
# 19
06-01-2013, 08:16 PM
no no no just no you want to play Vulcans play a fed

mmos don't give in to this type of stuff in wow do horde get to play druids? do ally get to play blood elf? dose horde get to play huumans? its just a game...... if you was thinking no ding ding your right !!!!!
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.

Last edited by daan2006; 06-01-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
06-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta View Post

Canon be damned.

It's a two-way street. Your "choices" infringe on my enjoyment of a culturally homogenous and xenophobic Romulan Republic.

Your choices be damned, I'd like to play a game that respects the IP it's based on. If I wanted to play a generic sci-fi game, there are plenty of options available.