Rihannsu
# 141
05-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
What did you do to the game's graphics? Seriously, I can't even look at it without getting a headache or feel like someones pinching my eyeballs.
Seriously what happened, before I could play for hours and my eyes were fine, Now my eyes and my head just hurt. Please give us the option to use the old UI and color scheme back please.
Captain
# 142
05-21-2013, 11:08 PM
I love the environmental texture updates and the UI. However the "window reflection/light glare" style on all of the UI icons and windows is very hard on the eyes. Any chance we could get an option to disable the glares?
Career Officer
# 143
05-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Did they up the vibrance on all the textures? The colours everywhere seem kind of "strong"

Also about half of the surfaces I look has texture artifacts from compressing. Like discussed before in this thread numerous times.
Captain
# 144
05-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Well, I saw what I guess are the new textures for the first time last night. It seemed to me that my characters looked better than before, but I don't know if that's due to this or because the game just got better at showing them at my low graphics settings.

I did notice that my performance dropped considerably when I entered space for the first time with my Romulan. I even had to turn the graphics down to the lowest setting so I didn't lag like crazy.
Career Officer
# 145
05-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Some particular FX may be more intensive than others, and if several of those are being used at once, they may drop things out faster than layering a bunch of less intense FX. Those particular FX can get looked into.
Warp plasma, when you're actually close enough that it fills most of the screen. This'll drop framerate to a slideshow, even if there's nothing else on the screen.

Thankfully, it rarely happens anymore, at least for me, because the only mobs that drop warp plasma are Gorn, and I just peck everything to death with cannons from far away.

As for occlusion culling, isn't that more a function specific to one's video card and how the card internally does occlusion culling? Cuz if it's ATI HyperZ mucking things up on my end, I'm half-tempted to try disabling it in ATI Tray Tools to see if and/or how badly it affects everything.
Captain
# 146
05-22-2013, 02:49 PM
If anyone thinks the Textures are way too sharp or crisp try changing the LOD bias in your driver settings or something with Nvidia inspector, kinda made the game look alot less 'detailed'. Im all the way to positive 3.0 now to compensate

I like it this way

Ive found a bit more issues once ina while when i turn my camera i suddenly see textures get blurry and back to sharp.

Not that big of an issue but since i got 2GB of vidmem...
Ensign
# 147
05-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Anyone seeing holes in their characters or even the NPC's of the game? I am. I've reported this issue to the proper people but still no joy. It's only on the skin not on the uniform. Face, hands, arms, legs all have holes if not covered by clothing.

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue since the update for Legacy of Romulus.
Captain
# 148
05-28-2013, 12:32 PM
I've noticed now that some textures will go from their blurry "you just turned the camera to me so I'm still loading the better one" version to the nice version and then back, and then it takes a LONG time to once again go back to the nice version. For example, the banners in Starfleet Academy were loaded. I ran towards the door, and turned back, and noticed that they were blurry again, and took much longer than normal to return to sharp images.

This is especially noticeable when it happens on my character. The thing is, usually the upper body will look fine, but my character will be running around with super blurry / pixelated pants.

I only use the default settings, so nothing has changed on my end.
Captain
# 149
05-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
I've noticed now that some textures will go from their blurry "you just turned the camera to me so I'm still loading the better one" version to the nice version and then back, and then it takes a LONG time to once again go back to the nice version. For example, the banners in Starfleet Academy were loaded. I ran towards the door, and turned back, and noticed that they were blurry again, and took much longer than normal to return to sharp images.

This is especially noticeable when it happens on my character. The thing is, usually the upper body will look fine, but my character will be running around with super blurry / pixelated pants.

I only use the default settings, so nothing has changed on my end.
I noticed the same thing and I put my Settings on the Highest I could, even upped the Video Memory limit to +1024MB (Highest i can put it) and it still happens.

One noticable spot is when you beam in on New Romulus the transported pad just turns from sharp to blurry texture all of the sudden. Its just sad.

I've did some checking with /ShowMem or whatever the command was called, and apparently the game cannot go over 800MB of Video memory at all, going over it just makes all textures go blurry every time. I manually tried to increase the maximum video memory with a special command and its just impossible to go over the maximum limit of 800MB..

This game needs to be sorted out man graphics wise...
Commander
# 150
06-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
If anyone thinks the Textures are way too sharp or crisp try changing the LOD bias in your driver settings or something with Nvidia inspector, kinda made the game look alot less 'detailed'. Im all the way to positive 3.0 now to compensate

I like it this way

Ive found a bit more issues once ina while when i turn my camera i suddenly see textures get blurry and back to sharp.

Not that big of an issue but since i got 2GB of vidmem...
/worldTexLODLevel 10

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard