Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 11
06-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
A bonafide, 5 TAC Guramba would cause a serious s**tstorm in the KDF ranks if that happens. And I mean that in a positive way. When the Fleet shipyard system was introduced, there were alot of pleas for a Fleet Guramba.

The KDF Raptor / Destroyer line used to be quite on par with the Fed equivalents, but the Fleet System and the introduction of the markedly superior Fed Fleet Escorts quickly overshadowed them. KDF Battlecruisers are trying to take up the slack, but it's quite not on the same level as a dedicated Escort. BOPs are out there, but they are terrible for sustained combat. And in certain situations, a BOP's hit & run nature will leave their friends alone as they execute the tactics the ship is designed for.
Another reason the BOP line needs a buff, for such an iconic ship. To be honest I feel the Raptors should have been science orientated tactical ships to give science officers something cool. Science ships with teeth and the BOP's should have been our escorts. But the BOP line is useless now that all a player needs is EPtA and then they can see any cloaked ship from like 30km out. With the BOP such fragile hull there isn't much point even using it anymore, you'll be better with a Raptor or Battlecruiser.

But considering they (BOP) will never be what I want, a Raptor with the correct pivot point would fill this role ideally. The problems I see with the Guramba having the 5th tac slot is a lot of the Federation players complaining due to it having that and the Javelin in one ship. All the rage threads about it being OP, yet the FLeet Defiant has been this way for far too long. I mean they are already complaining about the Romulans being OP, I saw in in both zone chat and my Fed fleet fleet channel a few times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,449
# 12
06-01-2013, 06:09 PM
You need the Fleet Retrofit Defiant to get the 5 consols which is not easy.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 389
# 13
06-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
A Fleet Guramba was already confirmed for the KDF in a podcast.
The guramba as no cloak. To stay competitive with the Feds and especially now the Romulans, a 5 tac console ship with a cloak is needed. I'd go with a raptor, because like a previous poster said, BoPs are hopelessly outdated. All BoPs would need a third rear weapon , and some more hull strength, to keep up.

Last edited by sjokruhlica; 06-01-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 19
# 14
06-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
You need the Fleet Retrofit Defiant to get the 5 consols which is not easy.
Buying 4 fleet mods off the exchange and joining one of the 5569875613265489745 T4 fed fleet's out there is hard? wtf are you smoking!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,999
# 15
06-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
You need the Fleet Retrofit Defiant to get the 5 consols which is not easy.
A Tier 3 Military Shipyard isn't that hard with even medium sized fleets. Most especially with the immense Federation playerbase. Tier 4 Shipyards is where fleets tend to stall getting to, much less Tier 5. Most especially KDF Fleets. And the underpowered Fleet B'Rel is a Tier 5 ship, while the very powerful Fleet Defiant is merely a Tier 3 ship. Even the well-regarded Fleet MVAE is a Tier 4 ship.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,753
Fleet Qin Raptor variant
Fleet Somraw Raptor variant
Fleet Tor'khat variant
Fleet Blowfish vessel whose name escapes me.

Or they could make something new like a Ferasin vessel or Leathean, etc.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 17
06-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Fleet Qin Raptor variant
Fleet Somraw Raptor variant
Fleet Tor'khat variant
Fleet Blowfish vessel whose name escapes me.

Or they could make something new like a Ferasin vessel or Leathean, etc.
Blowfish, you mean the Kar'Fi right?

I'd put my support down for a Lethean ship, though a science ship for them I'd like to see, we need science ships. Perhaps the Lethean ship would the KDF version of the Vesta while the D5 suggestion being a more standardised Science ship. A Ferasan escort would be good. There is an entire Ferasan fleet out there and so I think it would be hugely popular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,812
# 18
06-01-2013, 09:56 PM
I don't know if I see the Guramba getting a 5th tac console, only KDF ship with 5 tac consoles and the Javelin...I just don't see it happening.

5 Tac console Pach!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,324
# 19
06-02-2013, 02:20 AM
For the Raptor, I'd like the Same BOFF layout but with a Universal Ensign (everyone gets the Ensign they want now right?) 5 Tac Consoles and a Battle Cloak.

If every Romulan ship has Battle Cloak we deserve at least an Escort with Battle cloak.

I'm not sure which Raptor skin to give but we got at least one unused Fleet Raptor left right?
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,387
# 20
06-02-2013, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Another reason the BOP line needs a buff, for such an iconic ship...

...With the BOP such fragile hull there isn't much point even using it anymore, you'll be better with a Raptor or Battlecruiser.
While I agree that the BoPs could use a bit of a hull buff (not exceeding 27.500 HP on fleet version and maybe a 3rd aft/5th fore weapon), I don't think they're useless. I started off mostly with battlecruisers, but I've been trying out the BoPs these last couple of months and I must admit they have grown on me.

The raider is a immensly fun ship to fly, but it takes a lot of time, effort and knowledge to master it and make it work. Sure, in certain situations the BoPs need to be coordinated with other BoPs to fully work, but it's a MMO after all so that's a part of what they are. I still think that all universal Boff stations give a nice edge in what one wants to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
...The problems I see with the Guramba having the 5th tac slot is a lot of the Federation players complaining due to it having that and the Javelin in one ship. All the rage threads about it being OP, yet the FLeet Defiant has been this way for far too long. I mean they are already complaining about the Romulans being OP, I saw in in both zone chat and my Fed fleet fleet channel a few times.
And the problem is? Feds. will complain about everything and anything, you know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjokruhlica View Post
The guramba as no cloak. To stay competitive with the Feds and especially now the Romulans, a 5 tac console ship with a cloak is needed. I'd go with a raptor, because like a previous poster said, BoPs are hopelessly outdated. All BoPs would need a third rear weapon , and some more hull strength, to keep up.
Not necessarily. Theirs have cloak, ours would have the Javelin. I see tha Javelin as a trade-off to the cloak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Fleet Qin Raptor variant
Fleet Somraw Raptor variant
Fleet Tor'khat variant
Fleet Blowfish vessel whose name escapes me.

Or they could make something new like a Ferasin vessel or Leathean, etc.
Well, seen how the Somraw and Qin Raptors already have fleet variants I don't think that they will go down that route with those ships unless they make one of them into a fleet 3-pack, but somehow I really don't see it happening, although I'd like for it to happen.

The Tor'kaht is pretty much fine as it is and I don't think they would touch that either, not that I'd mind it having 5 tac. consoles, that would be a mennace.

The Kar'fi is a candidate and I could definitely go with a Ferasan escort/raptor that has 5 tac. consoles. Or some mean new Klingon design from the 25th century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
I'd put my support down for a Lethean ship, though a science ship for them I'd like to see, we need science ships. Perhaps the Lethean ship would the KDF version of the Vesta while the D5 suggestion being a more standardised Science ship.
I know you didn't meant it like it sounds (maybe it's just me), but I'm just going to say that the KDF doesn't need a version of the Vesta. We need something completely different, not just copy paste from the Fed. model(I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that). No point in having everything the same, gets dull. A Lethean sci.ship model based on electronic warefare would fit the KDF nicely I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
A Ferasan escort would be good. There is an entire Ferasan fleet out there and so I think it would be hugely popular.
As a member of the mentioned Ferasan fleet, I fully endorse this idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I don't know if I see the Guramba getting a 5th tac console, only KDF ship with 5 tac consoles and the Javelin...I just don't see it happening.
Why not? Feds and Roms get 5 tac.console ships with alpha decloak potential, we get one with a Javelin. It's a fair tradeoff in my book.

Then I can just storm in PvP, open all hailing frequencies and say: "All you undari do is cloak, cloak and cloak, but you have no Guramba!!!"

Oh, I'm buying one 5 tac. fleet Guramba yesterday!

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!

Last edited by shpoks; 06-02-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:49 PM.