Survivor of Remus
# 1 Please Make DOFFs BOA
06-01-2013, 11:03 PM
There is no reason for DOFFs to magicly fuse to the bulkheads of a ship. Please let us trade them between our characters. (Including Currently Bound)

Main reasons why.
Some doffs have become rediculusly hard to find because the doff packs keep going away to new 1ns with no way to get previous doffs.

and Quite honestly, its silly that a DOFF becomes so attached to his captain the only way to get rid of him is to kill him.

Anticipation of the first comment
Yes I wanna trade my rediculusly Over Priced DOFFs to my romulan because I cant afford another set. And im sure most of you could only afford the 1 set of doffs anyway.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-02-2013, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
Anticipation of the first comment
Yes I wanna trade my rediculusly Over Priced DOFFs to my romulan because I cant afford another set. And im sure most of you could only afford the 1 set of doffs anyway.
lol, if only. I share your pain!

This does make sense and I'd love for it to happen, I just don't see it. Especially Support Doffs which are likely going to always remain BoP regardless of any changes they make in future.

It does make sense for doffs which you don't obtain bound to stay unbound though.
Career Officer
# 3
06-02-2013, 06:47 AM
yepp... it is hard to do the TRADING CARD GAME thing if you can't do trading...

that unique reward DOffs (from chains / CXP rewards etc.) are Bound to Character makes sense, but everything else?

PS: isn't it funny how they can make them bound, but can't think of a way to upgrade them?

if there is one value 0 / 1 for the binding on/off and more values for the variation of the bind... you'd think there was room in the database to have 1 2 3 4 5 digit value for a DOffs experience-level and a random chance at a critical success to increase the doffs level.... not chaning them from green to blue but giving them a simple level 1 - 5... adding a little bit of crit chance multiplier or something like that.

oh sorry... off topic... yes bind to account should happen more often anyway, DOffs are just one area where it is annoying because it is counter productive to the whole idea of a trading card system.
Captain
# 4
06-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Well since heritic left the doff system has become a secondary to a 125th item on the list of things to keep developing.