Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Get Tholians out of the game!
06-02-2013, 07:11 AM
OK guys the title of this is just an expression saying that the Tholians are the most annoying enemies look all they do is the same god damn thing again and again heres an example:

1st they shoot you
2nd they starting to remove your weapons
3rd depend on the level group is there they shoot there electrical charges and is so not effective against me but I think cryptic made does just to mess with your computer and mix you up so your screen gets full of electric for nothing
4rth now they start putting these caging spam

And they restart the same cycle over and over.

Now I am trying to target the little nodes on the side to get out but you know what I am clicking a lot and it does nothing on them, I look at my weapon power fully charged but still my weapons wont work this issue needs to be fixed.
Ensign
# 2
06-02-2013, 07:27 AM
I don't have any problems with the Tholians, and I don't really understand yours.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
06-02-2013, 07:31 AM
I love fighting Tholians!

Maybe you should learn which ships do what, how often, and the counters. The system offline attacks can be cured with the Emergency power skill of choice and keep your aoe attacks ready until you see the big web come up. Fire at Will, Torpedo Spread, and Tractor Beam Repulsors work well when trapped.

Yes I know it's hard to not turn on all your buffs/powers right at the start of a battle, but you can do it!
---------------------
DeltaFox
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-02-2013, 07:53 AM
I hate fighting Tholians; their cages are super annoying.

I don't think they should be removed from the game, though.
Captain
# 5
06-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Adapt your tactics:

Emergency Power to Weapons and Engineering Team will clear their weapons disable.
Tractor Beam Repulsors will rip apart their webs and keep the Recluses from getting too close with their radiation clouds.
Captain
# 6
06-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Only problem I have with Tholians is their web cages, which tend to make my camera go all wonky. Even then, auto-acquring target with spacebar will target the web nodes half the time, so you can sorta shoot your way out if you're positioned right.

Tholians, if anything, add a needed degree of difficulty to the game. It's a cakewalk as it is.
Commander
# 7
06-02-2013, 10:45 AM
It's called weapons battery and faw.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
06-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
Adapt your tactics:

Emergency Power to Weapons and Engineering Team will clear their weapons disable.
Tractor Beam Repulsors will rip apart their webs and keep the Recluses from getting too close with their radiation clouds.
Also, warp cores just added a new way to get a free single system repair: Search for [WCap] under warp cores. Right now, you can expect to spend a few million for one, but it's coming down pretty rapidly and should stabilize in the next couple weeks.
Ensign
# 9
06-02-2013, 10:47 AM
I like the Tholians. I like the connection to retro-trek. And those web cages are no big deal; as someone else just noted, if it pops around you, boom. Fire At Will. That cage will be gone in moments!
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
06-02-2013, 10:51 AM
But their ships look so badass!

Protip : EPTW or a weapons battery repairs anything disabled by their special torps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up