Starfleet Veteran
# 291
05-25-2013, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadandcircuses View Post
The cloakers part is accurate, though the 2 min cooldown is far longer than that of a cloaking device, which rather reduces its effectiveness. You also trade a console slot to counter an ability that already has a nice list of counters. Power boost that builds as I shoot vs cloak hunter every 2 minutes... rather slot the Leech on either faction.

As far ships go, I rather hope you're right, and they do start to balance things a bit better as far as ship classes go. We'll see. At least my Federation captain has more toys to play with... I just wish the devs would balance the halves a bit further, rather than leaving them lopsided.

Oh, as a side note, I think the reason the system bugged when you quoted me is that the QUOTE part at the beginning has to be all caps.
Yeah th cd is rather long I'll give you that. Perhaps we should petition to reduce it? And possibly nadeon detonator as well.

On ships;
In all honesty I always thought the KDF having fewer ships (at leas as far as ship models goes) Made sense with their general philosiphy. You never really see them throw any weapon aside as useless, and most of their weapons are steeped in tradition.

Perhaps afew more models but I would think they would just have more refit/retrofit/overhauled/repurposed ships rather than new classes.

But thats more of a canon argument.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Commander
# 292
06-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Say "Leecher" to me ...
Republic Veteran
# 293
06-02-2013, 08:05 PM
I, for one, thank the smelly klingons for creating the leech for my Rom/Fed toon. It comes in really handy when using it against you. So, thank you.

Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
Member since early 2011
Member of Lag Industries ~ http://lagfleet.enjin.com/
Captain
# 294
06-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracion666 View Post
I, for one, thank the smelly klingons for creating the leech for my Rom/Fed toon. It comes in really handy when using it against you. So, thank you.
You're welcome to our disused leavings, certainly you need them far more than we do, and I expect you'll give appropriate credit when that Klink in the F2P BoP with no uni consoles blows your hotdog-and-saucer or modern art masterpiece into little glowing chunks falling into a ruptured singularity core.

Thus demonstrating that you can't BUY skill, no matter what the ad banners on the Dev Blogs tell you.

I used to oppose giving the Feds Leech, but having seen how poorly most of them fly even WITH it, I'm no longer concerned-it really has become the norm that we betatest what the Devs intended to give the Blue team all along...

Happy flying.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Empire Veteran
# 295
06-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
You're welcome to our disused leavings, certainly you need them far more than we do, and I expect you'll give appropriate credit when that Klink in the F2P BoP with no uni consoles blows your hotdog-and-saucer or modern art masterpiece into little glowing chunks falling into a ruptured singularity core.

Thus demonstrating that you can't BUY skill, no matter what the ad banners on the Dev Blogs tell you.

I used to oppose giving the Feds Leech, but having seen how poorly most of them fly even WITH it, I'm no longer concerned-it really has become the norm that we betatest what the Devs intended to give the Blue team all along...

Happy flying.
Well I personally rarely see a Klingon who wouldn't use the leach if they owned it so I don't know why you're calling it disused leavings. And this attitude that klingons are automatically better than feds at pvp is gonna go down the drain since there's gonna be a lot of Klink newbs since you can start as one.
The Emperor

Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Captain
# 296
06-03-2013, 12:06 AM
I personally don't use the leech. Part of the reason is because that's just gonna take up another console slot. . .and I don't have many to spare in my Hegh'ta. I'm already carrying three universal consoles. . .I'd have to exchange one of my current ones to make room for a PL console.

It's useful, but I don't carry it or own it.
Captain
# 297
06-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
Well I personally rarely see a Klingon who wouldn't use the leach if they owned it so I don't know why you're calling it disused leavings. And this attitude that klingons are automatically better than feds at pvp is gonna go down the drain since there's gonna be a lot of Klink newbs since you can start as one.
That's pretty unlikely if you go with the Developer's demographics-our population doesn't grow much, most of the NEW KDF toons are probably being played by players building new ALTS.

of course, I understand your deep-held hope; it's not like you can compete with experienced KDF players, esp. not without uni consoles, rep passives and Romulan Boffs, but ya gotta understand-the KDF population never grows fast enough for you to get "a lot of noobs" to take advantage of. the BEST you can hope for, is that your opposition hasn't been grinding 40+ hours a week to meet your level of Reputation Passives, STF gearing, etc. etc.-as in, those things most Feddies think equate to skill (or a reasonable replacement for skill.)

Flat fact is, you'd best resolve yourself to this simple truth: KDF will always be outnumbered, always be neglected, always be last to get new stuff-so KDF players who stick with it are going to always be a couple steps ahead of you because they have no choice in the matter when it comes to knowing HOW to use the gear they have, how to fight in a team when you don't know anybody on it, and how to beat your saucer-and-sausage ships with less of everything-because we'll never have MORE of ANYTHING by raw comparison.

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Lieutenant
# 298
06-03-2013, 01:53 AM
I guess Cryptic grew tired of us praising them for the new content we were getting for the better part of a month, so they decided to decided to get us raging again with the release of the PL console. A console I might add that costs 1k zen for us to get, but only 1.5mil on the exchange for a fed right now.

I was all ready to become a lifetime subscriber when LoR first released. I had my card out on the keyboard, and was about to click on the link to take me to membership page. I instead decided to see what the new Tal Shiar boxes were dropping, and could only shake my head and slide my card back into my wallet. For a long time now Cryptic continues to do things to discourage me from becoming a LTS member. I guess they must be doing so well financially that they really don't need my money.
Never Forget 5/21
Captain
# 299
06-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Having the Feddies get the leech wouldn't have been so bad, if it had actually been a fair trade.

Give the Feds a console that's always on and provides a good bonus, and in exchange give the KDF a mild anti-stealth boost and a torpedo that might find a target, hit the hull for some damage, and not decloak it if it's a battlecloak/enhanced battlecloak (which every Rom-Fed ship will have)?

The thing's only really useful against regular-cloak ships (i.e., most KDF ships and the Federation cloak ships), and that's if it finds a target.

Basically, it feels like Cryptic once again gave the Federation access to our good consoles, and gave us mediocre crap in return.

It's not the KDF's fault the developers don't give the Federation enough cool exclusive consoles. We just want this BS to stop.
Captain
# 300
06-03-2013, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezarg View Post
Having the Feddies get the leech wouldn't have been so bad, if it had actually been a fair trade.

Give the Feds a console that's always on and provides a good bonus, and in exchange give the KDF a mild anti-stealth boost and a torpedo that might find a target, hit the hull for some damage, and not decloak it if it's a battlecloak/enhanced battlecloak (which every Rom-Fed ship will have)?

The thing's only really useful against regular-cloak ships (i.e., most KDF ships and the Federation cloak ships), and that's if it finds a target.

Basically, it feels like Cryptic once again gave the Federation access to our good consoles, and gave us mediocre crap in return.

It's not the KDF's fault the developers don't give the Federation enough cool exclusive consoles. We just want this BS to stop.
[edited to remove a very nasty comment.]

At some point in the mists of the distant past, there was a developer who tried to make up in quality, what we didn't get in quantity-notice how the coolest KDF gadgets aren't on the T5 stuff? Yah. we got all OUR neat stuff on the lower tier ships that were made quite some time ago in STO time.

The marker point was the Oddyssey/Bortasque debacle. The Bort was definitely a cheapening of the process, effectively getting crappy Oddy clone with crap consoles, then the Devs tossing hands in the air and saying "We can't sell ships to the Klingons!!" (I suspect the developer responsible for the lower-tier KDF ships from Ning'tao up to Ch'Tang probably left about the same time that the dev responsible for programming the PvP maps did...may have even been the same guy.)

Point being, we don't HAVE a lot of Consoles to cross-faction WITH, and fewer that are 'faction unique', so the result is...

they do a 'straight across trade' tier-to-tier, and we're offered a console nobody in their right mind uses in exchange for one that works...because to the guy loading the boxes, they're the same.

He probably doesn't play KDF, maybe even doesn't PvP, and probably only PvE's using new stuff.

Last edited by patrickngo; 06-03-2013 at 03:33 AM.