Rihannsu
# 21
06-03-2013, 01:26 AM
I have no problems against the Tholians. In fact, in the Tholian Red Alert, I usually manage to defeat a full squadron before they destroy the Cube (forcing me to defeat the weakened cube, but hey).
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-03-2013, 02:43 AM
The most annoying thing about the Tholians is that the Red Matter Capacitor, despite saying "repairs all disabled subsystems" does not do so when their phased tetryon weapons proc on you.

But this is just yet another bug fix that cryptic will never get around to.
Captain
# 23
06-03-2013, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Can you use that singularity skill to warp out?
Yes.

At first they were rather annoying when they came out, but I've come to really enjoy them. There are tons of way to deal with the web (faw, scatter, gravity well, subspace jump, singularity jump, repulsors, point defense, fighters on intercept etc...) as well as with the disable (batteries, warp core, Ep2X, points in subsystem repair, engineering team...) that it's just as normal and easy as using HE against plasma fires.

Don't blame it on the enemy if you come unprepared.

Quote:
But this is just yet another bug fix that cryptic will never get around to.
Yep, especially since the RMC is pretty much a "dead" and an almost unobtainable item. My guess is that it might be very, very far down their list... :/
Career Officer
# 24
06-03-2013, 03:03 AM
We Want More Content Not Less! So Get Over It Or Leave The Game We Dont Need You!
Level 50 Cpts: W-T-Riker; Jadzia; Sharan; K'Dhan; T-W-Riker; T'Pok; Ehrehin; Shanara; Karana; Lukara
Subscribed For: 1200 Days 23-08-2013
Republic Veteran
# 25
06-03-2013, 03:42 AM
I suck at the game so let's ruin everyone else's experience by removing content.
# 26
06-03-2013, 03:56 AM
Never had an issue with Tholians in space combat, they may take a little longer but they die eventually
Knowledge is power
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-03-2013, 04:10 AM
The only thing more satisfying than beating a tholian to death with a sword made from one of its brothers is not using a weapon and punching the crap out of them.
Career Officer
# 28
06-03-2013, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
I suck at the game so let's ruin everyone else's experience by removing content.
That's what The Dev's say when making new patches.
Join Date : September 2010. Still boldly going forward because Cryptic couldn't be bothered to install reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who know me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Empire Veteran
# 29
06-03-2013, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
Ok before the devs nerf Tholians because of your whinging I'll save them the time and make them easier for YOU... Without any special coding or hacks or cheating or wonderous powers I will do it with 2 words....

ENGINEERING TEAM

Your problem is now solved.....
Whaaaat? Engineering team? What is this team that does not have Tactical in its name of which you speak? What use could, such a so blatantly NON Tactical Team, have?

Honestly though... Tactical Team > All other Teams. I would never sacrifice my CD on TT for a lousy ET.

It is not that these things cannot be countered it is their frequency and just how obnoxious the Tholians are with them. The Tholians are not OP they are just super annoying. When you use a Subsystem Targeting ability what does it do? Drains an amount of subsystem energy too small to notice and maybe shuts it off for the blink of an eye. When they do it they get the system completely shut down for a fair while and all power drained with no fail. Got to love that... or hate it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-03-2013, 04:41 AM
I just sit there and eat the damage till i can shoot again, biggest annoyance is the walls and dome they put up.