Career Officer
# 21
06-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Hi Brandon, you're probably best having your Scotland meet in Glasgow as it is about three times bigger than Edinburgh despite Edinburgh been the Capitol of Scotland.

I take it you're flying into Glasgow so probably makes sense :-)
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
06-03-2013, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Good news! Booked my London and Glasgow air and hotel tickets today These dates and locations are now CONFIRMED:

• Amsterdam, Netherlands - Saturday, June 15th
  • London, England - Saturday, June 22nd
  • Edinburgh, Scotland - Saturday, June 29th

SO! Next step is to find a restaurant that will host a group.

There are a few suggestions in this thread so far, but if you have not already, or have others, please reply and let me know which location you'll be able to attend, and any ideas for where would be a good spot to grab some food AND can accommodate a (potentially) large group.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No Visit to Germany?
Ensign
# 23
06-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Why does the London visit have to be the week before my final exams? Although I guess it could have been awkward if I ended up being the only girl. I always wondered what the male:female ratio was.

The difficulty with recommending anywhere in London is that it's so big. That may sound trite, but I've lived here for almost 18 years and I haven't managed to explore nearly enough of it to give a well informed recommendation.
Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet member.
We have differences. May we, together, become greater than the sum of both of us.
Career Officer
# 24
06-03-2013, 07:48 AM
I'll keep following this thread to see where in Amsterdam it'll be.

I'm not familiar enough with Amsterdam to be able to suggest a good place, but I would like to attend
# 25
06-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Woo Hoo. Can do the London one as my free weekend and will have been paid!

Covent Garden is usually a good place to meet (PorterHouse, Maple Leaf etc) with a number of large pubs able to accomodate crowds. On the Thames itself is Tattershall Castle (pub/boat) that is popular and spacious or on Holborn is a very large Wetherspoons pub that is usually quiet early doors but has a steady stream of people throughout the day.

Either ways I'm happy just to catch up and have a chat with some fellow gamers.
Ensign
# 26 UK players
06-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi,maybe if it was closer to the N.W. U.k.i would have been tempted.sorry Londons a little far out for me .However,i would like to take this opportunity to find some British players/ or a Fleet .
I have been playing the game for over a year,and although the fleet i am in are good people,i want a fleet who is willing to take me out on Fleet runs,apparently ive not been playing long enough and they want me to constantly get more experience ,however i feel i have done that to the point where the STF's are now getting boring,and solitary.
and time differences haven't helped either.
I have done as much as i can to help out with fleet marks and resources,and although im technically a "free" member,i often spend money on the game.
i am just looking for an adult,friendly,Fleet that runs closer to GMT than my current one .

Sorry for posting here,but it wouldn't let me in 10 forward.

Current character: Aceceas@geminair.

Thank you for your time.
Career Officer
# 27
06-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strorus View Post
Hi Brandon, you're probably best having your Scotland meet in Glasgow as it is about three times bigger than Edinburgh despite Edinburgh been the Capitol of Scotland.

I take it you're flying into Glasgow so probably makes sense :-)
Not to mention having to deal with the ineptitude of Scotrail to get between the two...

About an hour on the road, easily two by rail (if/when it works).

I'd go to Glasgow, but not Edinburgh(don't know my way around enough to try & drive. Outright refuse to take the train)

Just some food for thought
Ikuzo, Trombe!
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
06-04-2013, 03:41 AM
Ensign
# 29
06-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Bump.

Surely a group as diverse as this should be able to arrange to meet up somewhere for a drink and a chin wag?
Here's hoping.
Community Moderator
# 30
06-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Wish I could meet up with you lot, I just can't afford the travel expenses from Wales... But good luck to all and wishing you all an exciting adventure!
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Closed Thread