Career Officer
# 41
06-03-2013, 11:21 PM
I doubt it.

It's always going to be a reputation weapon, so it wouldn't be fair to give it automatically to the Romulans and not to the other two factions.
Career Officer
# 42
06-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
I doubt it.

It's always going to be a reputation weapon, so it wouldn't be fair to give it automatically to the Romulans and not to the other two factions.
Fair is a dubious term to use in this case. Fair would be allowing Romulan and Reman officers to use the projects to create these items without having to grind for them. We are the highest ranking Romulan Republic officials around, but yet we don't even have access to some of the best weapons the Republic offers? I'm not saying give them out for free, but allow us to just start the projects without spending months to grind for them...

Keep it so we still have to grind for the abilities and consumables, but the iconic romulan republic items? No, that's just silly.

EDIT: That sounds harsher than I meant, no ill will was intended
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE

Last edited by quiiliitiila; 06-04-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Rihannsu
# 43
06-04-2013, 07:45 AM
I had the same thought about the romulan rep items being available to romulan characters for just straight dilithium. The power can stay in the rep system, but I agree that it doesn't make sense that you are a member of this faction and can't play with that factions toys.

If Cryptic had asked me (which they didn't, of course, but lets play for a second), I would have created two more reps, a Starfleet rep, and a KDF rep. Then each faction would have access to their native reputation (maybe even make it something that could be leveled up doing story missions, so when you hit lvl 50, you also hit level 5 in the rep). Each faction would also have access to their "ally's" reputation, so if you're a federation captain, you have access to the Starfleet and Romulan reps, if KDF you can use KDF and Romulan Rep, and if Romulan, you can access Romulan and your ally's rep (either Starfleet or KDF). But on the other hand, that would create more marks that woud need to be ground out, etc etc etc.

Sorry, getting off topic. So, flamethrower, when are we getting this?
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 44
06-04-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm assuming the weapon is a rare one, that only the most dedicated of RR supporters can gain access to.

So they're not going to hand it out to just anyone, even their highest ranking officers.

Basically, you have to earn it, not just get it handed to you because you're a Fleet Admiral ranked officer with the RR.

And yes, non-RR players will scream so loud that a weapon they have to work hard to acquire is just handed to RR players because they are RR players.
So that's out.

As to when it comes out, I have no idea!
Cryptic aren't saying anything besides "it's not ready yet".

Much to my frustration, I found 3 weapons which use the Flamethrower ammo mechanic already exist on the live server.

Check plasma weapons, ground, assault weapon, rifle and pistol, look for the ones with the Romulan skins.

And by the way, the firing animation on that pistol is so buggy, I don't believe it made it into game like that!

The beam for the pistol emanates from at your feet, not the barrel of the pistol!

And yet, the Flamethrower, which is much more polished, is still not here.

Generous serving of irony for everyone!
Career Officer
# 45
06-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
I had the same thought about the romulan rep items being available to romulan characters for just straight dilithium. The power can stay in the rep system, but I agree that it doesn't make sense that you are a member of this faction and can't play with that factions toys.

If Cryptic had asked me (which they didn't, of course, but lets play for a second), I would have created two more reps, a Starfleet rep, and a KDF rep. Then each faction would have access to their native reputation (maybe even make it something that could be leveled up doing story missions, so when you hit lvl 50, you also hit level 5 in the rep). Each faction would also have access to their "ally's" reputation, so if you're a federation captain, you have access to the Starfleet and Romulan reps, if KDF you can use KDF and Romulan Rep, and if Romulan, you can access Romulan and your ally's rep (either Starfleet or KDF). But on the other hand, that would create more marks that woud need to be ground out, etc etc etc.

Sorry, getting off topic. So, flamethrower, when are we getting this?
Wow, I literally just typed this idea up before I checked this thread again

But yeah, that's what I was thinking, and it'd give us a bunch more stuff to do rather than the same 3 missions over and over...
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Career Officer
# 46
06-14-2013, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.31.20130609a.6

General:
  • The Plasma Flamethrower project is now available to players that have reached Tier 5 of their Romulan Reputation.

EEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Flamethrower at last!

When will this come out on tribble?

Not sure about the logic of releasing this project on tribble, since your character's rep progress is automatically set to zero, therefore, nobody has T5!