Lieutenant
The idea is bound to character not account. It should not be bound character for only get one. It does not make sense that it bound to character when you get 4 characters you can not give the item to the character that you want.
Career Officer
# 2
06-03-2013, 06:21 PM
You should just be able to claim it on anyone of your characters via the C-Store, under Legacy Items, it's a pre-order bonus. Is yours a Universal Console, because these were tac consoles last time I checked? I made a thread recently asking to have it changed to a universal console.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Lieutenant
# 3 thank you
06-03-2013, 07:04 PM
I tried typing claim and nothing so i thought i guess no console. It is where ya said it was.
Career Officer
# 4
06-04-2013, 09:30 AM
I wonder if plasma tac consoles boost it's dps since it's a plasma turret. I did some testing with it a while to see if it was viable with all these targetable torps and shuttles flying around and the dps was pitiful and not worth carrying since it wouldn't shoot often enough to kill the torps.

So I wonder.
Career Officer
# 5
06-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobe View Post
I tried typing claim and nothing so i thought i guess no console. It is where ya said it was.
If you have open inventory space and it shows under your legacy tab you can claim 1 per character, I always claim mine on new toons since its pointless to waste ec to buy a tac console for a lvl 1-10 character, it can only be slotted in your tactical console slot but running 1 right now on a new romulan alien gen carracter in the t'varo refit it helps with low level npcs, well plus my Rare Quantum mines mk II I got awhile back more fun than a turret since its about 1200dmg per mine (using the standard depolyment of 4 mines without any DPs i'm netting 4800 dmg )

Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
I wonder if plasma tac consoles boost it's dps since it's a plasma turret. I did some testing with it a while to see if it was viable with all these targetable torps and shuttles flying around and the dps was pitiful and not worth carrying since it wouldn't shoot often enough to kill the torps.

So I wonder.
IRRC plasma infusers do boost the damage but its been awhile since I tested that.
Career Officer
# 6
06-04-2013, 11:36 AM
I don't waste EC on any consoles under lvl 50, pretty much fly all universal consoles until I hit 50 (well 45, when I can equip MK XI).
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Captain
# 7
06-04-2013, 11:58 AM
In all honesty the automated turret is a nice-to-have early addition, but it's usefulness drops as your skills increase. There are a dozens or so alternatives that deal with incoming
destructible torpedoes.

It usefulness returns however in the new atmospheric stf, when placed on a shuttle. It takes a tactical console slot, which isn't cool but suddenly Elachi HY torpedos are no longer a threat.