Captain
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,162
# 31
06-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
snip..
BoPs don't do well dogfighting - they are like flying tinfoil without the cloak.

over the last year there has been a steady increase in Fedscort - hull and firepower

Without the ability to remain undetected - that entire class of ships is useless.

4 boff stations - 20's K hull - 4/2 weapons - 0.8 shield mods

How is this class to dogfight?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,622
# 32
06-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
So it's boosting Perception without boosting Stealth Detection Rating?

Do you happen to know what Stealth Value the ship had?
What your Stealth Detection Rating was? What you Aux was? Under skills in the ship portrait that it said your Starships Sensors was?

Meh, one of these days I'll get the girlfriend to play so I can test things with a friend...lol. She's watching YouTube or I'd log on her account she never uses on her machine.

edit: BTW, "Com uni console"...?
The console I'm referring to is the Commander Nebula uni console.

I'm going to do a more thorough test when possible. But it looks promising so far. My detection rating didn't show any adjustments like it did in the past when using EPTA, but it did have a measurable effect on detection.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,162
# 33
06-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
The console I'm referring to is the Commander Nebula uni console.

I'm going to do a more thorough test when possible. But it looks promising so far. My detection rating didn't show any adjustments like it did in the past when using EPTA, but it did have a measurable effect on detection.
Well no wonder - the "Tachyon Detection Field" console + 9 in sensors + sensor scan gives a massive boost.

that is a well spec'd sci and should detect cloaked ships. Don't see much wrong with tribble in that case.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,311
# 34
06-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
The console I'm referring to is the Commander Nebula uni console.

I'm going to do a more thorough test when possible. But it looks promising so far. My detection rating didn't show any adjustments like it did in the past when using EPTA, but it did have a measurable effect on detection.
Ah, the TDF. I had been thinking about grabbing that for my Snooper before he got sidelined.

Hrmm, so total Starship Sensors would have been:
99 from 9 skill
11 from TDF (passive)
20 from TDF (active)

So, 130...if no other gear was used.

That would give you +195 Stealth Detection Rating.

Sensor Scan III starts at +2.5% StealthSight and is boosted by Starship Stealth (0.025% per Starship Stealth). So your Scan should be +5.75% (which might show as rounded up or down).

That would be another +575 Stealth Detection Rating bringing you to +770. Add in the +250 from the TDF to take it to +1020. EPtA1 should add +100 to that, bringing it to +1120 SDR. Figure you were at 125 Aux (maybe 130, will go with 125) in a Sci Vessel. So that's +150 Stealth Detection.

1270 SDR, hrmmm. Should give a Perception of 5635. So, for ~11km...will use 11k, that's a 500 difference; meaning that the Stealth Value of the other ships should have been ~5135 or so.

And no, I have no idea why I did that.. /cough
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 277
# 35
06-04-2013, 12:31 AM
What no sound fix? as usual My game breaking issue has been completely ignored in 5.1 my sound has a god awful popping sound that really makes playing the game with sound on unbearable...I have to mute or stop playing. UNCOOL.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,311
# 36
06-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.30.20130513a.37

General:
  • Borg Red Alert missions should now allow all players to turn them in.
  • Players should no longer be immediately being booted from a queued map upon transferring to it.
  • The Fleet Ha'apax Advanced Warbird can now use the Dual Vector Separation console.
  • Resolved the issue that was causing the "Untranslated String" text to appear in Emergency Power to Auxiliary.
  • Romulans that are allied with the Klingon Defense Force can now train their bridge officers in Romulan social zones.
The Untranslated's getting fixed on Tribble...and oh...Red Alerts!

Progress...we might actually get there yet.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,395
# 37
06-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
too bad, i was hoping theyd adjust the epta as well rather then straight "fixing" it.

it wont be enough with all the "perfect" cloaks out there.
"Perfect" Cloak isn't. As things currently sit, cloak is utterly useless against an ensign-level ability. The tribble fix looks to me like they're tryng to get back to a middle-ground (which is good for Sci players, in Sci-oriented ships since it means not every swinging cod in a starfleet uniform is seeing out to 30km!)

from the analysis of the actual TRIBBLE version, it looks like it's working about right:

EPtA1 out to 3/5 KM
EPtA2 out to 10/11 km
EPtA3 out to 15.

That's a REASONABLE stack-up, it means that your dedicated 'sub-hunter' is the only one that can pre-emptively strike a Cloaker at 10km while he's still shieldless and largely unarmed.

It means not invalidating an entire CLASS of ships that constitutes better than 1/3 of a faction's total ships (BoP and KDF) at all levels of gameplay (EPtA is available, after all, at ensign, which means even a T1 ship can carry it!)

Now, I understand this is going to be sad for FedScorts who've gotten used to and built their strategies around the idea of killing Klinks and Rommies at 10km whose shields are down, but there's this thing about balance to consider-not everyone wants to fight on your terms and thus give you the advantage at all times-it's one thing to beat a "Rogue" using skill, it's another to do it using an easy-button.

On MY side of the ledger, it means even a FedScort can be carrying enough EPtA with these changes to make a decloaking attack run difficult-but it's still possible, which under the bugged current situation is not true-had a match last night, me in my Norgh, three rommies and that was it, against five feds, three of which are known to me as being somewhat poor combatants even in FvF where cloak was rare.

15 to 1, I only died twice-they were killing the Rommie players at 8-10Km before they were able to decloak.

I watched this happen-the only reason I wasn't killed more, is because I respawned at the wrong map-edge and it was over before I got there-the others were unfortunate enough to respawn at the same point, or foolish enough to try and play the game the Federation way-with less hull, power, and shields.

A team without a Sci should NOT be able to do that. Teams WITH sci support should be able to do that, they were able before LoR, after all...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,259
# 38
06-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
BoPs don't do well dogfighting - they are like flying tinfoil without the cloak.

over the last year there has been a steady increase in Fedscort - hull and firepower

Without the ability to remain undetected - that entire class of ships is useless.

4 boff stations - 20's K hull - 4/2 weapons - 0.8 shield mods

How is this class to dogfight?
turn rate and speed

even tinfoil can tank 2 turrets and a kinetic beam

that would be my theory anyway

bugships do it, and the BOP has an even higher turn
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,395
# 39
06-05-2013, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
turn rate and speed

even tinfoil can tank 2 turrets and a kinetic beam

that would be my theory anyway

bugships do it, and the BOP has an even higher turn
Bugships come stock with a shield modifier of 1.0 and 2 better impulse mod-which makes a difference in that they can rack up equal-or-better speed defense while simultaneously having shield-tanking you can't spec to reach in a BoP PERIOD...and better hulls.

and we're not even touching what you get with the right combinations of duty officer and rep passives, Jem'set 3 piece, etc. etc.

JHAS can play the 'stand and fight' game, BoP can't, pure and simple-there's a reason the JHAS is the best escort in the game and one of the best over-all SHIPS in the game.

OTOH, trying to fly a BoP like a regular Escort is a great way to spend a lot of time in Respawn-because it's NOT one of the best "escorts' in the game...

Say it with me now...

4 stations, PERIOD. all marks, all models, even C-store.
1 fewer console
1 fewer weapon
Lower base shield multiplier
Lower Hull

a BoP flown like a Fedscort is about equivalent to a 'scort 2 tiers lower everywhere but turn rate, which only matters if you can survive long enough to deliver a kill-shot...which isn't nearly as easy as it is with a JHAS, Defiant, etc. etc. without having Decloak Alpha, your BoP build is all glass, no cannon.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Last edited by patrickngo; 06-05-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 327
# 40
06-05-2013, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Bugships come stock with a shield modifier of 1.0 and 2 better impulse mod-which makes a difference in that they can rack up equal-or-better speed defense while simultaneously having shield-tanking you can't spec to reach in a BoP PERIOD...and better hulls.

and we're not even touching what you get with the right combinations of duty officer and rep passives, Jem'set 3 piece, etc. etc.

JHAS can play the 'stand and fight' game, BoP can't, pure and simple-there's a reason the JHAS is the best escort in the game and one of the best over-all SHIPS in the game.

OTOH, trying to fly a BoP like a regular Escort is a great way to spend a lot of time in Respawn-because it's NOT one of the best "escorts' in the game...

Say it with me now...

4 stations, PERIOD. all marks, all models, even C-store.
1 fewer console
1 fewer weapon
Lower base shield multiplier
Lower Hull

a BoP flown like a Fedscort is about equivalent to a 'scort 2 tiers lower everywhere but turn rate, which only matters if you can survive long enough to deliver a kill-shot...which isn't nearly as easy as it is with a JHAS, Defiant, etc. etc. without having Decloak Alpha, your BoP build is all glass, no cannon.

I agree, BoP's are not designed to slug it out with more heavier armed ships like the Jem'hadar attack ship in a prolonged fight, it is design to ambush unsuspecting enemies to destroyed them in a short bout or cripple them so others could hop on and help finsih em off and if that fails, u still have the battle cloak and speed to bail and cloak back for another attack pass. if any1 tries to slug it out with a BoP, they're better off with Lock Box ships or battle cruisers, i would have suggested the Raptor but they're statistically inferior to their fed escort counterparts good pilot or not.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 AM.