Captain
# 221
06-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Either someone goofed or it's already started, you used to be able to reach the C-store from a link on the main page, that link is now gone.
I will not be forced to use this tool, when the time comes that we are given no choice, I will choose to leave.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........

Last edited by maxvitor; 06-05-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 222
06-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Either someone goofed or it's already started, you used to be able to reach the C-store from a link on the main page, that link is now gone.
I will not be forced to use this tool, when the time comes that we are given no choice, I will choose to leave.
Branflakes has a thread about the pulling of the C-Store's Web Portal here. At the moment, it doesn't seem related to this ARC BS. At times, all I used it for was out-of-game references anyway. Guess I'll be using the Wiki a little more often.

Thank you for the time...
CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
Expand Dil and Fleet Marks to regular story content
Survivor of Romulus
# 223
06-05-2013, 02:38 PM
If you only play one PWE game then you dont need it. If you play tons of PWE games, Arc makes it easier to switch games.

Rather than complaining that Arc will cause you to get hacked change your passwords, or dont use it!!!

Rather than wasting time complaining about a feature that is here to stay, avoid this thread if you don't like Arc.

If Arc becomes mandatory and you don't like that *points in direction* there's the door. Thank you for your time. The fact is I am not gonna let this software affect my games, and neither should you, if I have to use it then I will. But until that time, it isn't worth the effort to whine and complain. PWE will do what PWE wants, and when they implement it expecting to boost their bottom line and it actually shrinks we all get to laugh at them.

{UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
Career Officer
# 224
06-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Okay, I don't follow the logic there.

We don't want Arc, but we want to keep playing STO or CO.

But if Arc is made mandatory and we don't want it, what are our choices?

1. Download it and keep playing the games.
2. Stop playing the games because something we don't want is forced on us.

But I don't really believe PWE can get away with with making Arc mandatory, the backlash from this would probably push them over the edge they're currently standing on.
Ensign
# 225
06-05-2013, 06:42 PM
I think I'll stick with steam, no thanks pwe.
Career Officer
# 226
06-05-2013, 06:47 PM
I use ARC and I only have STO installed, due to time constraints, but it is worth the download for the in-game browser
We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Ensign
# 227 Not to promising
06-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Started the program for the first time

"Arc has encountered problems updating"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, program has now been uninstalled.

Please try again guys.
Ensign
# 228
06-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csbastian View Post
Started the program for the first time

"Arc has encountered problems updating"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, program has now been uninstalled.

Please try again guys.
i had that issue to, but decided i was due for a reformat anyways and it went away
Career Officer
# 229
06-07-2013, 07:58 PM
I had that issue with another program (not a gaming one) that said, if you want to install the program, you have to completely reformat your hard drive to a new partitioning system!

My response (after cursing the ineptitude of the technical support client who didn't know this solution) was stuff that, I just got my hard drive/OS configured the way I like it, I'm not reformatting and reinstalling the entire OS just for one program!

If you need to reformat your hard drive to install a program, it's a bad program!
Starfleet Veteran
# 230
06-11-2013, 09:08 AM
So, I installed Arc, just to see how convenient it would be for me...

I can see the forums, the c-store, etc, just fine... BUT

when I try to launch the game through Arc, the client patches, then promptly crashes to desktop.

So, I can't play the game through Arc.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada