Commander
# 11
06-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Didn't know that about the Transwarp Computer, Any Armour would be good I don't recall offhand what Tetraburnium resists (Tetryon and Plasma?) That would be great against those too but nothing else (hence Universal suggestions).

The Consoles mentioned come from the Rep grinds (Romulan to get Zero Point, Omega to get Assimilated) and I believe the Tachyokinetic is in the Lobi Store.
Tetraburnium armour is resistant to all beam energy types but not kinetic damage.
Captain
# 12
06-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Your only Hull Heal is engineering team consider an Aux to Sif to replace Engineering Team and maybe a Hazard Emitter on your Sci officer.

Your ship has no armour what so ever, get a Couple of Neutronium (Resist all) on there and maybe a Monotanium (Resist Kinetic).

You can plug the Transwarp in whenever your in sector space and want to use it, otherwise leave it off for actual space stuff.

I believe it's the Shield Generator, a Sci console that gives you a 17.5% boost to shields, replace the Biofunction monitor. Crew does really do much.

Aegis is a pretty outdated set, work on getting at least a MACO shield. 2P Borg Deflector and Engine + MACO Shield is still a great combo.

It maybe worth it to replace your DHC with a DBB for Beam Overload, but if your autofiring all weapons don't bother. As for your choice of Phasers, nothing wrong with Phasers. Although I would get the [Acc]x2 [Dmg]x2 because extra Accuracy converts to Critical hit and Severity. All the Damage in the world won't help if you miss.
I agree with the above. Field Generators are what Dknight0001 was thinking of, not Shield Generators. Best place to get these, IMO, is the Dilithium Store on ESD for about 11K Dil, otherwise they are too expensive from the Exchange.

Load up on Neutronium Alloy, resists all energy and kinetic.

Power Distribution Manifolds can boost weapon power, but at a price of adding more armors/alloys.

Better than Power Dis. Manifolds, is the Assimilated Module console (from the Omega Rep system,) it will add +5 Weapon power, improve your crits and Hull repair. It's like having a Power Dis. Manifolds and a SIF Generator in one console.

Another way to improve subsystem power is from Warp Cores.
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Warp_Core
Field Stabilizing Matter Anti-Matter Warp Cores are probably best for cruisers since they increase the Shield power cap to 130. Look for ones that assist with Weapon power.

Hope this gives you some ideas.
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
Career Officer
# 13
06-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
While I do like this build and it is similar to my dreadnought build I find it a little lacking for arenas. Cap n holds and in Kerrat it'll do wonderfully and I've seen you do it. But it is more of a hit and run strategy.

For arenas I run 2 Aux2batt boffs so I can cycle abilities quicker. Also I run with 2 Breen cluster torps, 1 in front and 1 aft. I use TT and APD1 which allows me to tank a bit more when in the thick of an enemy attack and also to throw on allies to better support them and my broadsides.
Oh for sure, this build, and I should have specified this, is primarily used as a massive alpha striker. I have taken it into the arenas a few times but it's not ideal at all, and it is not a suitable ship IMO for that kind of PvP, there are far better choices. My goal was to make something special out of something seemingly underpowered and after months of testing and building I believe it's about as good as it's going to get (pre LoR, I can look at it again in the light of the new traits/passives etc).

Some ships are good all round vessels, and for PvE this will do quite well, but it's primary weapon forces one to build around that ability which then leaves it lacking in other scenarios.

If and when a fleet version is released then the story may well be very different, but until that auspicious event is realised this is about as much as you can expect from Riker's baby.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
# 14
06-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Oh for sure, this build, and I should have specified this, is primarily used as a massive alpha striker. I have taken it into the arenas a few times but it's not ideal at all, and it is nsurvivability a suitable ship IMO for that kind of PvP, there are far better choices. My goal was to make something special out of something seemingly underpowered and after months of testing and building I believe it's about as good as it's going to get (pre LoR, I can look at it again in the light of the new traits/passives etc).

Some ships are good all round vessels, and for PvE this will do quite well, but it's primary weapon forces one to build around that ability which then leaves it lacking in other scenarios.

If and when a fleet version is released then the story may well be very different, but until that auspicious event is realised this is about as much as you can expect from Riker's baby.
Your Alpha strike build is great. All I'm saying is that if someone is looking to use it more as a part of a team and for arenas there are small modifications they could do that'll add a little more sustained dps and survivability and support. While doing this i normally use the Lance as a weapon of opportunity as well as the cluster torp.

Hopefully the fleet dreadnought comes out soon bc I always loved insta popping people with the Lance and making something that most people write off as a waste into something deadly and respected.
Career Officer
# 15
06-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post

Hopefully the fleet dreadnought comes out soon bc I always loved insta popping people with the Lance and making something that most people write off as a waste into something deadly and respected.
Don't hold your breath

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
# 16
06-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Don't hold your breath
Theres a reason that character is flying a Fleet Defiant as a tranny bomber right now.
Career Officer
# 17
06-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Yeah, don't hold your breath. Fleet Gal-X is still having technical difficulties.. for well over a year.

One Year and Three months waiting for Fleet Galaxy X - "Technical Difficulties" Since 8th Feb 12.
Landmark Technical Difficulties Dates: 13/01/12 - 8/11/12 - 14/11/12 - 14/12/12 - 26/04/13