Lt. Commander
What is your favorite Science Console/Deflector Array setup if you are flying a Tier2/3 Cruiser, Heavy Cruiser,Advanced Heavy Cruiser (That's one deflector/ one sci console)? Why? My question specifically concerns non-fleet PvE, but comparisons with other playing styles are invited.

J
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by javaman1969 View Post
What is your favorite Science Console/Deflector Array setup if you are flying a Tier2/3 Cruiser, Heavy Cruiser,Advanced Heavy Cruiser (That's one deflector/ one sci console)? Why? My question specifically concerns non-fleet PvE, but comparisons with other playing styles are invited.

J
For Cruisers, I always pick a Positron Deflector. It boosts your healing/tanking abilities, making it a fairly easy choice. The other Deflector types boost various combinations of Science skills, and since almost all Cruisers are going to be using their Science BOff powers for heals anyway (as opposed to doing exotic damage / drains / crowd-control), there's not much use for them.

When you only have one Sci console to pick, generally you follow the same trend as above: a console which boosts your health and/or healing. A Field Generator, Shield Emitter Amplifier, or Emitter Array will buff your shield capacity, regeneration, and shield healing effectiveness respectively.
Career Officer
# 3
06-06-2013, 09:24 AM
I usually just use whatever is available bc within a day or a week you will move on to the next tier ship. Blowing a ton of EC on something you'll use less than a week doesn't seem very cost effective at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-06-2013, 01:31 PM
I've been hoarding deflectors and consoles I earned for completing missions and which I picked up from enemies I blew up, so I have plenty with no need to buy. Though I do tend to trade up the next better phaser array or torpedo bank when they become available and I happen to be in spacedock.

I was inadvertently following starblade7's advice already. I have the Posistron MKII defector and the Emitter Array MKII console installed. I actually do have two sci console slots on my boat, the other one has the Ionized Gas Sensor installed. I wasn't sure whether I should go for the more exotic stuff now or later. Thanks.