Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 184
# 71
06-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
As a fanbase we KDF need to avoid reverting back to our year one and two states of perpetual anger over our place in STOs history.
We where treated incredibly poorly by Cryptic and fed fan alike back then.
That time is over and the KDF has more than ever before. Its time to let old wounds heal and just talk about the scars from time to time.
The problem is, you see yourself as some sort of persecuted minority of players in the game. We have to be UNITED as a playerbase if we really want any kind of change. Cryptic is the enemy here and not each other... as long as you blame Federation players, nothing will ever change and we will never have a decent game.

The Federation has been shafted in favor for the Romulans too and they were shafted way before that too. So I understand what the KDF has been through and I sympathize.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,515
# 72
06-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingwarbird View Post
The issue is that in a cruiser, the defense bonus is pretty much negated and there is no real point to moving. I assure you that even with the elusive trait, my cruiser still can get hit 99% of time.

Since escorts have the advantage of not being hit due to insane defense bonuses, doesn't it reason that cruisers should have much more hull and shield resistance then they currently do, something built into them like an innate 20% resistance to all weapons and kinetics?

Or better yet, have a passive which cancels out transphasic procs? To make them much more durable and competitive on the battlefield. I would love to hear any other ideas on improving cruiser pvp? Or tips on the best way to survive BoP and escort Alphas because nothing I do seems to work well EXCEPT RSP.

So instead of slagging me Klinks... how about some advice...

I have x2 Acc Fleet Weapons, the Tholian 10% beam accuracy Console and the Accurate trait and I still RARELY hit escorts... so please... impart your wisdom because I'm obviously doing something wrong here...
That isn't true. Flat out plain just not true. Absolutely wrong. But yes, if you just don't move you can be hit 100% of the time. So I guess your 99% figure is wrong also.

Yes you're doing something wrong. Yes I've posted on this extensively. No I'm not going to beat this to death again. Search for the threads on Acc vs Def.

You could go watch the videos on it if you want. If you don't want or feel like saying "oh that won't work" even when you see it working I don't know what to say.

And if you refuse all of that here's some numbers. You can ALWAYS get 100% hit rate on any opposing ship for some moments in the game. (and that's all you need thanks to how the game works). You can never go BELOW 25% hit rate, and it is unlikely that you will ever see hit rates that poor in the game. The crappiest you will most likely see will be around 50%. Depends on who you're facing, and for how long.

Cheers and happy flying.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 73
06-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxfire View Post
only idiot would pay for those bull**** fed consoles anyways when all the kdf consoles are good and used by so many feds.
haha grappler is awesome

btw admiral Quinn feels hurt reading your post .You really hurt his feelings lol
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 74
06-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingwarbird View Post
The problem is, you see yourself as some sort of persecuted minority of players in the game. We have to be UNITED as a playerbase if we really want any kind of change. Cryptic is the enemy here and not each other... as long as you blame Federation players, nothing will ever change and we will never have a decent game.

The Federation has been shafted in favor for the Romulans too and they were shafted way before that too. So I understand what the KDF has been through and I sympathize.
Correction; we are a untrusting fanbase due to past treatment.
I merely wish us to leave that stigmata behind and stop dredging the past up to justify the future.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 184
# 75
06-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Correction; we are a untrusting fanbase due to past treatment.
I merely wish us to leave that stigmata behind and stop dredging the past up to justify the future.
You think that the Federation is not the same? After all, someone on this very board commented that Federation console powers are crap compared to the Klingon ones, probably because they are more tactically orientated. I both fanbases should be demanding better quality from Cryptic and not attacking each other for things that neither can really control.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 76
06-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingwarbird View Post
You think that the Federation is not the same? After all, someone on this very board commented that Federation console powers are crap compared to the Klingon ones, probably because they are more tactically orientated. I both fanbases should be demanding better quality from Cryptic and not attacking each other for things that neither can really control.
We where told when the KDF consoles where released that all the consoles of both faction s would be made availible eventually.
I do not see how the feds have suffered in the console debate. I do not see how the KDF has been robbed of what was never thiers to keep.
I merely dislike the many threads of gloat that often pop up when some feds wave thier new acquisition and the responding KDF old hate it causes in response.
I will never deny that we KDF, as a fanbase, has suffered in the years past until recently.
It may be over but it is not forgotten, nor is it anchor to hold the KDF back from moving forward.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 318
# 77
06-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Actually, most of those threads you're referring to were started by KDF players raging about Feds getting the consoles, not Fed players gloating about getting said consoles.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 410
# 78
06-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
We where told when the KDF consoles where released that all the consoles of both faction s would be made availible eventually.
I do not see how the feds have suffered in the console debate. I do not see how the KDF has been robbed of what was never thiers to keep.
I merely dislike the many threads of gloat that often pop up when some feds wave thier new acquisition and the responding KDF old hate it causes in response.
I will never deny that we KDF, as a fanbase, has suffered in the years past until recently.
It may be over but it is not forgotten, nor is it anchor to hold the KDF back from moving forward.
Theres wisdom in those words, and the adversity of the fighting such an uneven battle is what made a great many KDF into very deadly predators. I personaly gained most of my usefullness from fighting the players that had the MACO shield when it first came out. In which it caused a 90% resist and thus made the player all but immortal. Killing those people make me think on how to make myself last long enough, and Surge kill thru such blatently OP shields. But you are correct, even with the Leech feds do not seem any more menacing. As I notice no real difference in their Pew.

Lets now talk about the Cruiser issue.

Now a lot of this seems to be more Tac escort based hate as opposed to Escort hate. So let me tell you a few things, my Sci rocking all Mk XII purple Flow caps rips shields off bugs like nobodys buisness. Which the other CRUISERS around me see happening, and they procede to unleash hell upon him. So thats one cruiser (Wells) that seems useful, as for others. I have seen very deadly cruisers, both in Sustained DPS, and even Spike DPS (not many of these). And on the other thread where I was discussing a D'Dex build the discussion of certain skills, which are basically exclusive to Cruisers, were considered OP by some players. (probably escorts with no or very little heals)

So please if you get the chance read some of the material on Cruisers in this forum, there are some amazing builds here.

Last edited by vegie0; 06-07-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 184
# 79
06-08-2013, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegie0 View Post
Theres wisdom in those words, and the adversity of the fighting such an uneven battle is what made a great many KDF into very deadly predators. I personaly gained most of my usefullness from fighting the players that had the MACO shield when it first came out. In which it caused a 90% resist and thus made the player all but immortal. Killing those people make me think on how to make myself last long enough, and Surge kill thru such blatently OP shields. But you are correct, even with the Leech feds do not seem any more menacing. As I notice no real difference in their Pew.

Lets now talk about the Cruiser issue.

Now a lot of this seems to be more Tac escort based hate as opposed to Escort hate. So let me tell you a few things, my Sci rocking all Mk XII purple Flow caps rips shields off bugs like nobodys buisness. Which the other CRUISERS around me see happening, and they procede to unleash hell upon him. So thats one cruiser (Wells) that seems useful, as for others. I have seen very deadly cruisers, both in Sustained DPS, and even Spike DPS (not many of these). And on the other thread where I was discussing a D'Dex build the discussion of certain skills, which are basically exclusive to Cruisers, were considered OP by some players. (probably escorts with no or very little heals)

So please if you get the chance read some of the material on Cruisers in this forum, there are some amazing builds here.
Ah... well... actually its SCI Escorts which are horrible but in a kinda cool way
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 410
# 80
06-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Well Sci scorts are sooooo easy to deal with, If you Tac just out Pew them. If your Engie out tank them and keep sustained DPS going. And if your Sci, your nuke on him when hes running the bulk of his Heals, not Pew skills.

The problem with Sci scorts is they often waste a lot of thier innate abilites, being that they lack anything thats not team oriented. SNB however is very deadly...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:36 AM.