Ensign
# 1 membership rewards???
06-06-2013, 03:05 AM
hey guys,, i got money to spend.. so whats the benifit of subscribing?? ive allready unlocked most everything.. give me a reason to pay your monthly subscription please!!!!! give me a benifit worth having....
Republic Veteran
# 2
06-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Gold sub benefits

http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/fr...eatures-matrix

Veteran rewards

http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/veteran-rewards

You're welcome.
# 3
06-06-2013, 05:47 AM
I would say the best out of that list would be ..

Monthly Stipend

Promotional Points differ from ZEN in that they can only be used in Star Trek Online. ZEN, however, may be used across all Cryptic Studios' games.

500 Promotional Points once a month. Like getting paid for playing..
Ensign
# 4 monthly stipend
06-06-2013, 01:29 PM
or i could just drop 5 bucks from time to time and get the stipends worth whenever i choose, the stipend is ok but not nearly enough,, i wish theyd just throw the whole game together and make it p2p maybe then they could work out some of the bugs, i dont know i got high hopes for this game again and i hope they keep her improving...
Captain
# 5
06-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Getting the membership for the stipend is idiotic. You pay $15 per month or $200 to get a lifetime subscription and you get 500 Zen back. So either you are wasting $10 per month or need to play for over 3 years to make the stipend worthwhile. Unless you absolutely need the lifetime perks or vet rewards, then it better to just get a one month subscription and level up your characters during that time. I could understand the appeal of subscription if reputation was a subscriber benefit like other F2P games that have a horrible F2P system like SWTOR, but thankfully that does not exist in STO. This is coming from a lifer that purchased it during beta and have 2 liberated borg characters. It was worth it before F2P, but not now. Just subscribe for a month, level any characters you have, then buy 1500 Zen per month for your subscription fee.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
06-06-2013, 05:16 PM
This is why those of us who bought lifetime at the game's launch have more than gotten our money's worth.

Eventually the stipend pays for the lifetime.

To the OP: Honestly? There's no real reason you should do a membership. Looking at the current matrix, you're only really missing out on some free ships and uniform pieces.
Ensign
# 7 thanks all
06-06-2013, 05:19 PM
thanks i appreciate the feedback everyone helped me make up my mind..
Commander
# 8
06-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoknash View Post
hey guys,, i got money to spend.. so whats the benifit of subscribing?? ive allready unlocked most everything.. give me a reason to pay your monthly subscription please!!!!! give me a benifit worth having....
2 reasons that may or may not matter to you. #1 an enormous amount of free inventory/bank/account bank slots. The "value" of those is WAY over a months fee for one character. Account wide for many characters it's absurdly advantageous. #2 Auto-refine feature. Depending how much ore you refine, can be very handy as it accumulates up to a weeks worth.

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk