Lieutenant
# 41
06-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Another full week gone by, still no response. No better than common thieves.
Ensign
# 42
06-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I had a response after 2 days then nothing for about a week now.

This is actually a really interesting situation. They have customers who have already spent money on their games and want to spend more. Yet they continue to provide service to people who have yet to convert to paying customer.

Its a good bet that if they give people like me good service (after spending at least $200 on this game) that I will spend more. Why would you help 10 people who are un-paying and not 100% likely to pay at all. That logic doesnt make sense to a business.

They have 24 more hours to get my account issue fixed or they miss out on $120 (or more!)

Last edited by effreem514; 06-04-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Ensign
# 43
06-04-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. I have already been playing Neverwinter with my PWE account. When I heard about the Romulan addition I decided to come back and give it a whirl. Unfortunately I logged in with my PWE credentials and played a little of the romulan side of things. I'm impressed at the changes to the game overall and wanted to get a founder's pack and play with my old characters also. When I attempted to link my old Cryptic account to my PWE I got the "already have a cryptic linked account" error.

Sent in a ticket. I did manage to get a response after a few days, but it doesn't look very impressive.

Response Support Staff 35 via Email 06/04/2013 02:43 PM
Hello

Your Cryptic and Perfect World accounts are not yet linked.

It appears you have Cryptic credentials on your Perfect World account; these were created and automatically linked to your account when you logged your PWE account into a Cryptic game or website. This is why you were receiving the message that the account was already linked.

I can remove these credentials from your PWE account, if you wish. However, because this would clear all Cryptic information, you?d lose the characters you created in Neverwinter, STO, and CO since initially logging in using your PWE account. We will not make any changes without your consent; let me know how you?d like to proceed.

Thanks!

So I answered with this: ( I was a little ticked off at first. Answered twice)

Customer via CSS Web 06/04/2013 03:10 PM
Okay. I'm trying to understand....You cannot link my STO Cryptic account because I have a PWE account in Neverwinter? Is this correct? Basically you want me to decide if I lose my top level STO characters or my Neverwinter ones? There has to be a way for me to keep my Neverwinter characters and my STO Characters....

Customer via CSS Web 06/04/2013 03:21 PM
I have an idea. What if I create a second PWE account with a different email address. Can I link my STO Cryptic account to that?

So....

At this point I don't care if I need 2 PWE accounts. I don't want to lose my maxed-out STO or Neverwinter characters. I have put money into BOTH games and feel like if I have to do this, then my money was stolen.

I'm a server admin. I'm suspecting that they have front-line support staff using some kind of limited app to make limited changes to server accounts. There is no way they should have to do this to link my STO account to my current PWE account unless this is the case.

I understand their server admins must be busy, but if this is happening frequently (which I suspect by this thread) either their front-line staff need a better app or their server admins need to get involved.

Last edited by gorlock6; 06-04-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Ensign
# 44
06-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Well. Not an ideal solution, but I now have 2 PWE accounts with my Neverwinter on one and STO on another. At least I have my old chars..
Ensign
# 45
06-04-2013, 06:28 PM
I don't know if any of you guys can help but I've downloaded Star Trek Online twice (the first without using Steam, and the second time through Steam). In both instances I get these weird messages that pop up every few seconds stating: "An error has occured in the script on this page, Line: (number changes) Character: (number changes). Do you want to continue to run the script." I continue to press yes so that I can log in and just play the game, but then it goes to "Do you have a cryptic account?" I have no idea what this means, but I click No, nothing happens. I click yes, nothing happens. The buttons don't work. I read somewhere that someone had to use internet explorer -for some god awful reason. So, I opened my internet explorer (version 9) and it says the same thing. I have Chrome open as well so is that the problem as well? :/ I'd hate to delete the game again, because I know for a fact, I won't download it a third time. If anyone can give me tips or help me out, I'd be so grateful. I was going to make a thread, but I'm too new of a user to create threads.
Ensign
# 46
06-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahluakamikaze View Post
I don't know if any of you guys can help but I've downloaded Star Trek Online twice (the first without using Steam, and the second time through Steam). In both instances I get these weird messages that pop up every few seconds stating: "An error has occured in the script on this page, Line: (number changes) Character: (number changes). Do you want to continue to run the script." I continue to press yes so that I can log in and just play the game, but then it goes to "Do you have a cryptic account?" I have no idea what this means, but I click No, nothing happens. I click yes, nothing happens. The buttons don't work. I read somewhere that someone had to use internet explorer -for some god awful reason. So, I opened my internet explorer (version 9) and it says the same thing. I have Chrome open as well so is that the problem as well? :/ I'd hate to delete the game again, because I know for a fact, I won't download it a third time. If anyone can give me tips or help me out, I'd be so grateful. I was going to make a thread, but I'm too new of a user to create threads.
This isnt really a thread for that but try searching the support knowledge base and google. If that doesnt work try running the game in administrator mode, if that doesnt work try installing it in admin mode (uninstall and use the same installer you already downloaded if you have it.)
Lieutenant
# 47
06-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorlock6 View Post
I'm having the exact same problem. I have already been playing Neverwinter with my PWE account. When I heard about the Romulan addition I decided to come back and give it a whirl. Unfortunately I logged in with my PWE credentials and played a little of the romulan side of things. I'm impressed at the changes to the game overall and wanted to get a founder's pack and play with my old characters also. When I attempted to link my old Cryptic account to my PWE I got the "already have a cryptic linked account" error.

Sent in a ticket. I did manage to get a response after a few days, but it doesn't look very impressive.
At least you got a response, well over a month for me. Not a damn word. I'd love to play their game, and have access to the $500 I spent on it, but no.

I'm recommending to everyone that they just give up, move on to a better company. If you have any more problems, there is a good chance you will end up in the same boat as me. Locked out with no hope of recovery.
Ensign
# 48
06-05-2013, 11:48 AM
I've got the same two issues as well, one being that I can't link my STO account to my PW account (I created my PW account when I signed up for Neverwinter, not knowing that STO was also PW), and responding to my ticket is taking weeks.
Lieutenant
# 49
06-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Not only that, if they ever do get back to you, you'll have to choose to get rid of either the neverwinter account or the cryptic account. You won't be able to keep both. As a previous poster on this thread mentioned.
Ensign
# 50
06-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Yeah. I would recommend you create a 2nd PWE account and link your Cryptic/STO account to that one like I did. It's a pain in the rear, but at least you will have access to your old STO Chars...
Closed Thread