Survivor of Romulus
# 41
06-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I've made a thread for the London Meetup - picking places can be a nightmare, and I thought that it might make life easier for everyone else if it weren't cluttering up this main thread; those attending, feel free to use it or ignore it.
Captain
# 42
06-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johhanne View Post
Brandon I'd probably go for a place in Leicester Square - plenty of good and big chinese places or pizza places in that area.
Why not a place where he can get food local to London / England? Just curious.
Ensign
I will not be in the EU. I have been to London before, therefore I've decided to offer a suggestion. I would suggest the Sherlock Holmes bar, across from parliament. Also London city hall has very good food.

I am not sure if those places have the space you require; they are the only places where the food was good enough to remember.

Last edited by pleasenoname; 06-09-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Captain
# 44
06-09-2013, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

As some of you may know, I will be heading to the EU next month for 5 weeks and will be working out of our office in Amsterdam. [[Don't worry! You won't notice a difference with news, blogs, my forum postings (other than maybe posting more during EU timezones), etc. -- the only difference is what part of the world I am working in, but I'll be doing the same thing ]].

While I am there, I would love to plan some casual STO meet-ups where players who attend can meet each other, grab some dinner (everyone will need to pay for their own expenses, though) and chat about STO and Trek.

Confirmed locations and dates:

• Amsterdam, Netherlands - Saturday, June 15th
  • London, England - Saturday, June 22nd
  • Edinburgh, Scotland - Saturday, June 29th

Note: All 3 dates and locations above confirmed!

So... anyone interested? I would love to meet as many of you as possible If you are, reply and let me know for which location, and any ideas for where would be a good spot to grab some food AND can accommodate a (potentially) large group.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I'd love to in theory, sadly I'm working on the 22nd and 29th or I'd be there. That said if you happen to pass through Yorkshire give me a yell
Survivor of Romulus
# 45
06-09-2013, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
I'd love to in theory, sadly I'm working on the 22nd and 29th or I'd be there. That said if you happen to pass through Yorkshire give me a yell
Seconded... and if you're driving from London to Edinburgh you'll come pretty close! Or have a flight stopover in Leeds/Bradford airport and we'll all fill the airport bars!
Empire Veteran
# 46
06-09-2013, 02:57 AM
Ok i like the idea and its a nice thought but

WHY WHY WHY LONDON

England is a long country

so why not Birmingham.

that would have made more sense

but hey ho.

Oh and if you looking for cheap for space to meet and talk where no one cares who you are you need a WEATHERSPOONS there are plenty near the major train stations and a few next to thames use google.

Have fun
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
06-09-2013, 03:20 AM
I sooooo want to come ... but as I am under 16 ... that may be difficult. Does anyone know ticket prices (train) for going to London from the North West?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...

Last edited by jumpingjs; 06-09-2013 at 03:29 AM.
Career Officer
# 48
06-09-2013, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmack001 View Post

WHY WHY WHY LONDON

so why not Birmingham.

but hey ho.

Oh and if you looking for cheap for space to meet and talk where no one cares who you are you need a WEATHERSPOONS there are plenty near the major train stations and a few next to thames use google. Have fun
Birmingham would have been great - being central it would likely be easier for most to travel to. I wouldn't hesitate if it were there, but London is far from being central and is prohibitively expensive to travel to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 06-09-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 49
06-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teklionbenrasha View Post
I've made a thread for the London Meetup - picking places can be a nightmare, and I thought that it might make life easier for everyone else if it weren't cluttering up this main thread; those attending, feel free to use it or ignore it.
Good idea! I will make separate threads later today or tomorrow for the other cities and close this one out to a link to each one, including yours That way those who can actually make it can post in the respective thread with their suggestions.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 50
06-10-2013, 03:36 AM
Quote:

WHY WHY WHY LONDON

so why not Birmingham.

but hey ho.

Oh and if you looking for cheap for space to meet and talk where no one cares who you are you need a WEATHERSPOONS there are plenty near the major train stations and a few next to thames use google.

Have fun
Or Nottingham.

Wish I could go to London it would have been brill
Closed Thread