Captain
# 41 I've done a WOK style
06-04-2013, 03:25 AM
I use the Sierra 1 uniform for me and my Boffs, the neck and shoulder parts are black whilst the rest is the relevant department colour, with WOK belt and diplomatic trousers and WOK combadge. The NPCs that walk my ship obviously wear the antares 2 uniform, which on my ship is the enlisted uniform, the officers wear my creation.

Essentially I've got a TNG influenced WOK system in place.

Mirror NX, you know you want it
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunkl View Post
Sorry I've been away so long. I won't let you down again.
I had completely forgotten that I was going to put up those pictures, almost a year ago.
Here's what I have:
The way I see it is similar to the coexistence of the TNG and DS9 uniforms. Jupiter Veteran is what's worn within Federation space and on flagships. Odyssey Basic is for field operations on the frontier or on dedicated exploration vessels.
The Jupiter Veteran is based on what the crew of the Enterprise-F wears and the Odyssey Basic is based on what "Vulcan Phaser Lady" wears in the new LoR+ promotional art.

That is very nice indeed!
My captain and officers all have the TNG Movie uniform, which is my favorite free uniform. I did tweak the colors a bit, but, they are mostly pretty close to canon. On my crew, (as soon as we return to spacedock after a fairly long cruise) the engineers will be allowed something that looks more like working outfits.

Last edited by javaman1969; 06-07-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
Non military, well yes. But it still is strict with a chain of command and organized in a military fashion. I don't mind all the customizing cuz its fun and The movie generations had 2 kinds of uniforms at the same time. I am mostly ok with the in game uniforms I cant see leather uniforms being realistic though. Enterprise shows that uniform evolved from jump suit coveralls. I think that makes sense.
TROK uniforms are really sharp, if a bit militaristic. They'd look better as Class-A than everyday uniforms, perhaps. After the Funky Technicolor TOS, the Enterprise jumpers are my favorite uniforms from all the Treks. Astronauts wear jump suits with patches and lots of pockets, so that design makes you say "oh, I get it, these people are astronauts"; instead of "Must be some sort of Space Navy" or "People From the Future Wearing Spandex".

Last edited by javaman1969; 06-07-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Captain
# 44
06-09-2013, 01:49 PM
When I was in the navy we had 2 different duty uniforms which recently got upgraded to 3. There was a dress white uniform and a dress blue uniform...for formal occasions....a working blue and working white uniform for office work.
Utilities and coveralls for shipboard...and it would be up to the Captain to determine what uniform the crew wore out to sea....which would be different from ship to ship.