Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 257
# 51
06-10-2013, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi all! Made it to Amsterdam safe today! Also, I'm still looking for suggestions on where we can all meet up in Amsterdam, London, and Edinburgh I've seen a few in here, but the more the better.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Don't forget to treat yourself a traditional 'fish and chips' when in london. And if it's not wrapped in a newspaper it's not traditional
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 301
# 52
06-10-2013, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Good idea! I will make separate threads later today or tomorrow for the other cities and close this one out to a link to each one, including yours That way those who can actually make it can post in the respective thread with their suggestions.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hello Brandon.

Might I suggest The Hogs Head public house which is in Londons Leicester Square. I have been to other game meets at this location (back when I used to play EVE Online) and I know that the landlord is very welcoming of large groups of people as there is a large upstairs section that can easily hold 100+ people.

The food is good and both that and the drinks are all reasonably (for central London at any rate) priced. The atmosphere is good and the location is easily reached by all forms of transport, not to mention the big cinema nearby and bountiful supply of smaller shops and restaurants in the immediate area.

Enjoy your time there and also, will there at any point be an official meet taking place in Munich, Germany as I am moving there in 10 days time and will not be able to attend any of the UK meets.

Sig by my better half.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 53
06-10-2013, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutsmasher View Post
Hello Brandon.

Might I suggest The Hogs Head public house which is in Londons Leicester Square. I have been to other game meets at this location (back when I used to play EVE Online) and I know that the landlord is very welcoming of large groups of people as there is a large upstairs section that can easily hold 100+ people.

The food is good and both that and the drinks are all reasonably (for central London at any rate) priced. The atmosphere is good and the location is easily reached by all forms of transport, not to mention the big cinema nearby and bountiful supply of smaller shops and restaurants in the immediate area.

Enjoy your time there and also, will there at any point be an official meet taking place in Munich, Germany as I am moving there in 10 days time and will not be able to attend any of the UK meets.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add that to the list of potential spots.

There is a VERY, and I mean very, small chance that there will be an additional meet-up in Germany, but it would be in Berlin if there was one. I am waiting to hear back from a friend in Frankfurt I am going to be visiting, but if I do go there, I wouldn't be able to do a meet-up due to conflicting plans. If they are not available for my visit, the small chance I am referring to is a trip to Berlin with the German STO Community Manager. But, that's really all dependent on my Frankfurt plans, and even then, I'm not sure if we'd be able to get a good enough deal to get out there. I probably shouldn't even post this as I don't want to get hopes up

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 301
# 54
06-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add that to the list of potential spots.

There is a VERY, and I mean very, small chance that there will be an additional meet-up in Germany, but it would be in Berlin if there was one. I am waiting to hear back from a friend in Frankfurt I am going to be visiting, but if I do go there, I wouldn't be able to do a meet-up due to conflicting plans. If they are not available for my visit, the small chance I am referring to is a trip to Berlin with the German STO Community Manager. But, that's really all dependent on my Frankfurt plans, and even then, I'm not sure if we'd be able to get a good enough deal to get out there. I probably shouldn't even post this as I don't want to get hopes up

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You are most welcome. I hope you enjoy your time both here in England and Scotland, I'm sure you'll find people quite welcoming. As for the Germany meet-up, do not worry if there isn't an official one, I'm sure I could find a fan organised one Happy holidays fella.

Sig by my better half.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 204
# 55
06-10-2013, 08:50 AM
So, the question is...do these meetups count as conventions?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 56
06-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teklionbenrasha View Post
So, the question is...do these meetups count as conventions?
Maybe, and I know exactly what you are hinting at But I won't spoil any surprises -- you'll have to be there to find out

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 183
# 57
06-10-2013, 10:29 AM
OH NOES! You'll be in Frankfurt but there'll be no meet up? Shame, shame, shame!

Would have loved to have a meet up here!


(Of course, totally understandable that you wanna have some free time/hang out with friends/whatever. But still... *sob*)

"Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 58
06-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Here are the individual meet-up threads to use going forward! Please sound off there if you are going to be able to make it


Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 06-21-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:52 PM.