Former PWE Community Team Lead
Quote:
Literary Challenge #44 : Down the Rabbit Hole
This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #44 : Down the Rabbit Hole.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Commander Rose Sharon, haunted by visions of the past, encounters someone else whose life was changed by the people of the mid-24th century.
Captain
# 3
06-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Good story about Cmdr. Sharon. Glad she managed to keep her cool - despite everything.

I'd been looking for a seed to a story about how Cmdr. Grunt came into possession of the heavy cruiser USS Hephaestus. This may give me the opening I need to make the damn thing finally come to fruition and get out of my head.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 4
06-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Now this was an unexpected turn of topic ...

Well done

@cosmonaut12345 - I had to read the passage a couple of times to grasp what was happening and reading your post in this forum helped. Then again, I'm reading at work so anything may be my fault. I'm a fan of the last paragraph - there's something awesome about it.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-11-2013, 11:43 AM
For those who didn't follow my Character Study thread, Rose Sharon is my Fed Borg Engineering BOFF.

A mid-24th century Iotian, assimilated by the Borg, and with a deep and abiding hatred for them. (And she still looks like the Borg Boff, albeit in a Sierra uniform, so that guy from Hugh's colony thought she might be a sympathetic ear...)

She sounds a bit like Arleen Sorkin in my head.
Captain
# 6
06-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
For those who didn't follow my Character Study thread ...
AHA - well then ... I guess I have some extra reading to do.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 7
06-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmonaut12345 View Post
Commander Rose Sharon, haunted by visions of the past, encounters someone else whose life was changed by the people of the mid-24th century.
Great little piece! I love characters who don't recognize their own contradictions - or perhaps are all too aware of them and force themselves to ignore them. Cmdr. Sharon I suspect is the latter.

By the way, if Sharon is an Iotian, doesn't that mean the Collective also knows all about Chicago Mobs of the Twenties? Perhaps they know how to adapt to a Thompson M1921 after all...

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
06-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Interesting challenge this time around.

Not sure if I'll come up with a piece for this one or not, but I'll certainly read everything that everyone else writes, and maybe post feedback!!
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld

Last edited by takeshi6; 06-11-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Commander
# 9
06-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Huzzah, more of the Robert April and her crew!

Wonderfully-written piece. You captured all of the teeth-grinding anxiety of Rose's PTS quite vividly, and I could practically feel her reaching the bursting point before she had to have one of her BOFFs take over.

Agreed with takeshi, this is an interesting topic that I'll have to think on. Before I write on it, though, I'm going to write Arkos and crew getting a new ship (though first I have to decide WHICH of my in-game ships I'm going to use...)
Career Officer
# 10
06-11-2013, 05:30 PM
As for me, I have too much to catch up on (The Road to Ruin, my Romulan Arc, more backstory from LC 40, etc.) and I can't think of anything to write into this topic - at least nothing as compelling as what I'm already working on.

Look forward to reading everyone else's entries though!

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics