Lieutenant
# 341
06-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Anyone else seem to have either of these issues?

-I can't hear footsteps for some reason. Every other sound is audible just not the footsteps. It doesnt seem big but this actually is slowly driving me insane.

-Nimbus crashes...alot.
WANTED ZINO- Orion princess.
For kidnapping, slave trafficking, illegal trading, lewd behavior, grand theft, rigging games of chance, espionage, trading of illicit goods, disruption of diplomatic procedures, disturbance of peace, flying shuttles while intoxicated, racketeering, Blackmail, arson, assault, and dancing seductively on counter tops without a license.
Ensign
# 342 1.60 Runs in Test Mode
06-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Hi, I've been running STO on 1.5.1 and switched over to 1.60 a few weeks ago. The issue I have is that the the only way I can launch the game is by going into Wineskin and using the Test Run button. If I open the application as normal the icon bounces a few times in the tray and disappears, not opening the game launcher or the STO.exe.

What is causing this odd behavior?
Lieutenant
# 343 cash
06-09-2013, 05:44 AM
eveytime i want to warp to an other sector, AND i have any other window open (UI of doff, inventory, etc.) the game crashes with an "oops, cryptic error" message box.
(i use 1.5.1 wrapper)

PS: the title should be "crash" not "cash"
Ensign
# 344
06-10-2013, 11:12 PM
i have instaled the app. it patches fine but when i clik engage it closes the windo and i cant open a new windo with out quiting and starting again.
Ensign
# 345
06-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpthicks View Post
Hi, I've been running STO on 1.5.1 and switched over to 1.60 a few weeks ago. The issue I have is that the the only way I can launch the game is by going into Wineskin and using the Test Run button. If I open the application as normal the icon bounces a few times in the tray and disappears, not opening the game launcher or the STO.exe.

What is causing this odd behavior?
i am also having this problem and a solution would be appreciated
Captain
# 346
06-11-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher444 View Post
Everything is working great for me with 1.6.0 other than the mouse input is super glitchy (I was seeing the same thing with the CX 12.1.2 + winemac driver installed into STO UMV 1.5.1 though, so I'm guessing this is a STO problem)

I tried the listed work around (disable raw input in the STO launcher), but it did not seem to make any difference. My setup is a 2009 Mac pro, 10.8.3 + all updates, ATi/AMD (apple oem) 5870.

It's nice that the in-game brightness slider finally does something
I have this too, but for 1.5.1. I have a macpro 10.7.5. Never had this problem before.
Ensign
# 347
06-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi I've just installed STO but cant get it to run properly.

it's version 1.5.1
I get as far as the brightness adjustment screen and I hear music but the program freezes.

I'm running on a Macbook pro 2.2 Ghz intel core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, Nvidia graphics card and OS 10.6.8

I disabled the GLSL but that hasn't worked. Anyone got any tips on getting this to run? Thanx
- Craig
Ensign
# 348
06-11-2013, 02:53 PM
After searching more it looks like this software wont run on my mac... nevermind then.
Ensign
# 349
06-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
I was able to get the game to run decently using the MacDriver over X11... but its having some issues where the mouse pointer is very inaccurate and sometimes doesn't register mouse clicks... need to figure that out before making it available, because its too annoying to play.

EDIT: actually the mouse issue looks like its fixed with doing whats in this post...
Where in Wine do you set that option? I'm getting very annoyed with the inaccuracy of the cursor when handling inventory, equipment or in the character/uniform screens.

Last edited by cpthicks; 06-11-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Ensign
# 350
06-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
I have this too, but for 1.5.1. I have a macpro 10.7.5. Never had this problem before.
I found the answer to this one.
  • Launch the wineskin in the STO package and on the advanced configuration screen there is a little check box labeled "Use start.exe".
  • Check that box and you should be good to go.
  • Open the STO app/package it will appear in the Dock, close, and a few seconds later the STO Launcher window will open allowing you to log in.

Hope that helps others.