Commander
# 11
06-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceekayzero View Post
So does this mean that the 1000 XP fleet missions will require 180 science/medical department inputs, or do we still need 90 science and 90 med? The wording is confusing.
Agreed. Salamiinferno, could you give 1 example of a project that will change and 1 example of a project that won't?
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
06-11-2013, 10:46 AM
The way this reads, it sounds like when you level up the dilithium mine, it allows you to do projects that reduce the amount of dilithium/other resources that you have to put into future projects. Question is, is that reduction for the dilithium mine itself or for all the other fleet holdings? If it's for all of them, this could certainly help small fleets... in a way. Spend resources in this holding so you don't have to spend as much in the others. That's if I'm reading this right.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 13
06-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Holy crap! That's a lot of stuff.

One question about the Romulan singularity implosions: when Scimitar Dreadnoughts are destroyed, the implosion animation plays but the ship itself just sits there looking stupid. Was that fixed with the animations listed here?
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Rihannsu
# 14
Valdore bugs fixed(besides console :<), so as description for Adapted KHG/MACO shield, good!
2010 is my join date.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
I notice the input discounts for items and comodities, fleet marks, dilithium, but not on duty officers, the actual limiting factor for many, many fleets. This actually makes things somewhat worse, since fleet credits are the major source of duty officers to fill those inputs, and discouting everything BUT doffs decreases credit generation.

Also, the fix on duty officer inputs ignores the actual problem:
Quote:
The exception to this rule is projects that have to separate Engineering and Operation department inputs.

The exception to this rule is projects that have to separate Science and Medical department inputs.
It's the ones with separate inputs that are the problem, due to huge disparities between some departments availability, such as science officers being roughly five times as common as medical. Many of the others already took either/or and with generally much lower doff inputs the disparities didn't cause issues. The issues are with those 90/90 missions, which the exceptions imply aren't being changed.

Last edited by hevach; 06-11-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Career Officer
# 16
06-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Gah, no Valdore console nerf?
12th Fleet Are recruiting Active PvP'ers.
We have Full T5 starbase, Teamspeak and over 200 active members.

Go to Recruitment room and beam up! You'll be glad you did.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 17
06-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
The way this reads, it sounds like when you level up the dilithium mine, it allows you to do projects that reduce the amount of dilithium/other resources that you have to put into future projects. Question is, is that reduction for the dilithium mine itself or for all the other fleet holdings? If it's for all of them, this could certainly help small fleets... in a way. Spend resources in this holding so you don't have to spend as much in the others. That's if I'm reading this right.
It reduces the cost of all other projects in all holdings, going back to the starbase and any moving forward.

Last edited by salamiinferno; 06-11-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 18
06-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
Agreed. Salamiinferno, could you give 1 example of a project that will change and 1 example of a project that won't?
Here is a rough example.

A project that used to only require Science duty officers will now accept science OR medical, giving you more options.

A project that had two separate slots with one requiring science and the other requiring medical can now accept either science OR medical, giving you more options.

Edit! I spoke with our systems designers and updated the patchnotes accordingly. It is "either or" in all cases.

Last edited by salamiinferno; 06-12-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
06-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Looking forward to the new holdings! Thanks for posting!
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
06-11-2013, 10:59 AM
When become the german players an update for the localization?