Lieutenant
# 11 spiral wave disruptors...
06-09-2013, 02:54 AM
another question - some of the pvp builds were recommending cannons (at least for the excelsior refit builds), which is less of an issue atm...

but, I'm currently running mk11 (and a couple of 12's) Anti-proton borg weapons - they serve quite well...

but, I also have access to spiral wave disruptors (which used to fire this blue wavy thing that looked absolutely stupid, but now they fire bright yellow beams, which I like), and I've heard some people talking them up as about the top tier weapon right now

given mk 11 AP anti-borg weapons, would spiral disruptors be a good upgrade for a dragon-build beam boat? and would they carry over reasonably well in an excelsior refit beam boat? (I'm envisioning APB2, FAW2 AND tt for the excelsior build as the tac skills, hoping for, with the dmg/resist proc from the spiral wave disruptors, being a good team "make everything more fragile" build)

any recommendations along those lines?
There is no correct resolution; it's a test of character.
James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 12
06-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit1013 View Post
another question - some of the pvp builds were recommending cannons (at least for the excelsior refit builds), which is less of an issue atm...

but, I'm currently running mk11 (and a couple of 12's) Anti-proton borg weapons - they serve quite well...

but, I also have access to spiral wave disruptors (which used to fire this blue wavy thing that looked absolutely stupid, but now they fire bright yellow beams, which I like), and I've heard some people talking them up as about the top tier weapon right now

given mk 11 AP anti-borg weapons, would spiral disruptors be a good upgrade for a dragon-build beam boat? and would they carry over reasonably well in an excelsior refit beam boat? (I'm envisioning APB2, FAW2 AND tt for the excelsior build as the tac skills, hoping for, with the dmg/resist proc from the spiral wave disruptors, being a good team "make everything more fragile" build)

any recommendations along those lines?
If you have the disruptor consoles then I'd absolutely use the spiral disruptor beams for a beam boat. The anti borg AP beams are a bit outdated. If you really want to use AP get the fleet AP Acc x2 weapons.

You can run a beam boat or a cannon cruiser. I've found that its personal preference for the individual. Cannons you have to keep ppl in your forward 180 degree arc while beams you're broadsiding alot more and less to turn to bring your beams to bare.

EWP is a very useful control ability. Small hull dps while leaving your target unable to move. Or there's old reliable DEM for more bleed through dps.

Last edited by edalgo; 06-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-11-2013, 11:48 AM
The Assault Cruiser Refit and the Ambassador Retro-fit, and their respective fleet versions, are great cruisers to try out cannon builds on if you want to go that route, same goes for the Excelsior, which seems to be one of the few ships that always remains reliable no matter how many lockbox ships, patches and expansions come out.