06-02-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post

This means that ships aquired from ...
  • Grab-bags
  • Lobi Store
  • Fleet Store
  • Exchange

... are not reclaimable. Once they are gone... They are gone.
Which I hate. I understand why Cryptic would make lock box ships character only, but for me, it has the opposite effect. I don't want to spend millions on ships, if only one character can use them. They really ought to have some sort of account wide unlock, even if its a 500 zen token you have to buy. I'd be much more likely to get the ships if all my characters could use them, instead of just one.
Career Officer
# 22
06-09-2013, 01:13 PM
It has been told that the reason those lockbox ships are single character only, is caused by
CBS Authorisation / Licensing.

Supposedly cryptic is not allowed to add those ships to the c-store, but can only make them available through limited time rewards.

If this is the real reason, or just a wicked marketing formula to enhance revenue for pwe/cryptic i do not know.

I am not sure about the specific timing of the plan, but the timing of the lockboxes seems to have come from the PWE aquisition of cryptic/startrekonline ..
So if it is a marketing plan, be sure we on the forums will never get an official statement or answer on that question.

And yes, i would very much like to buy some unlock token for my Marauder.
So untill stuff like that becomes available, me and my 8+ captains will stick to using c-store ships and not bother with fleet / lobi / lockbox stuff untill i either become very rich or very bored ....
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
06-09-2013, 04:47 PM
id be happy with a repackage ship token so u get he ship box thats bound to account that way id be able to use the ship with any toon.

i have a few lockbox ships that i wish i had opened on a different toon.
Republic Veteran
# 24
06-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
id be happy with a repackage ship token so u get he ship box thats bound to account that way id be able to use the ship with any toon.

i have a few lockbox ships that i wish i had opened on a different toon.
There was talk in a Ask Cryptic last year that they were considering C-store tokens that would let you turn a single "Bound to Character" item into a "Bound to Account" item. Though, unless it let you rebox the ship, you still wouldn't be able to trade it to your other characters.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.