Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward > Captain's Table (RP)
Login

Career Officer
# 21
06-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Voporak: I just go by Voporak. Always. So, Timothy, when's your new starship going to be ready? Not like I have anywhere to go, but It's just that I'll be happier when my ship isn't stuck in a drydock.
Timothy:If command is right it should be in the next few hours. Thats what im hoping anyways
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Captain
# 22
06-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Timothy:If command is right it should be in the next few hours. Thats what im hoping anyways
Voporak: My operations officer informed me that our ship should be fully resupplied before the afternoon.

*An officer walks up and hands Voporak a PADD, then walks away. Voporak sets it on the table*

Voporak (as he types on the PADD without looking at it): In the meantime, I am going to take my private shuttle to the shipyards and see how it is going. Care to join me?

*The PADD screen changes from 'Mandatory Starfleet Physical' to 'Order has been overridden'*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)

Last edited by voporak; 06-11-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Career Officer
# 23
06-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Voporak: My operations officer informed me that our ship should be fully resupplied before the afternoon.

*An officer walks up and hands Voporak a PADD, then walks away. Voporak sets it on the table*

Voporak (as he types on the PADD without looking at it): In the meantime, I am going to take my private shuttle to the shipyards and see how it is going. Care to join me?

*The PADD screen changes from 'Mandatory Starfleet Physical' to 'Order has been overridden'*
Timothy: i would love to but i should go and start looking over my ship and meeting the crew. I was told the ship was a itrepid refit but one can always hope for one of the newer vesta class or even a sol class science ship.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Captain
# 24
06-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Timothy: i would love to but i should go and start looking over my ship and meeting the crew. I was told the ship was a itrepid refit but one can always hope for one of the newer vesta class or even a sol class science ship.
Voporak: My ship was built rather recently, just a few years ago, as a Defiant class. It's since been refitted as a Sao Paulo class, and I've added my own little touches to it. Between you and me, I'd say it's the best Federation warship out there.

OOC: Going to bed.
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
06-13-2013, 08:42 AM
*U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Soval's Quarters. Soval and Ryan are talking.*

Ryan: All I'm saying is that maybe you should give your people time - let that book of yours sink in. Recalling it and hiding away in shame isn't going to solve anything.

The Vulcan High Command isn't going to accept you back after this anyway, not for a while. Let that book do all the good it can.

Soval: You are illogically making the assumption that only good will come out of this.

Ryan: I'm human. What do you expect?

What I do know is that running away from your problems isn't logical.

Soval: When a mouse is confronted by a lion, is it not logical for the mouse to flee?

Ryan: When a mouse is confronted by an elephant, is it logical for the elephant to flee?

Soval: You are comparing me to an elephant?

If I were human, I believe I would be insulted.

*Ryan smiles before standing up.*

Ryan: Think about it. I need to get back to the Victorious. We'll talk again next time I get off subspace silence.

*Ryan leaves, leaving Soval alone in the room. He soon hears the door chime.*

Soval: Enter.

*The door opens as T'las walks in.*

Commander?

T'las: Sir, we just got a message from Starfleet Headquarters. They want you to send someone to watch Admiral Voporak.

Soval: The Admiral is on-starbase. Very well. Have the Yellowstone prepared for launch.

T'las: Aye, sir.

Soval: Was there something else, Commander?

*T'las walks in a little further, and the doors close behind her.*

T'las: It isn't important.

Soval: Indeed?

T'las: It's a personal matter, sir.

Soval: Regarding the Vulcan High Command's decision?

T'las: I was raised on Earth by my Vulcan Mother and Human Father. My Mother said that it was my choice which culture I chose to embrace, but... told me that sooner or later my Vulcan side would start to emerge... violently.

Soval: Your emotions.

T'las: I dealt with that quickly. I suppressed them until they were controllable by the time I was 12.

Soval: I see. Then you mean the Pon Farr?

*T'las begins to circle the room.*

T'las: I had never felt such an uncontrollable burst of emotion.

Soval: It is the same for all Vulcans. It is not something to be ashamed of. If Captain Allington were here, I believe he would say "it happens to the birds and the bees."

...But... the birds and the bees are not Vulcan. Nor are they half-Vulcan.

Nor do their... conditions... reveal themselves at the onset of puberty.

You lost control of your emotions. Which came first?

T'las: I'd rather not discuss it. It's not something I like to think about.

Soval: T'las, despite your human bloodline, you're still as strong as the average Vulcan, and I myself know how dangerous that is during the Pon Farr. You hurt someone, correct?

T'las: Didn't I just say I didn't want to discuss it?

Soval: I've found that in humans, what they want and what they need are two radically different things. If you need to discuss it, you can. You know I will treat it in the strictest confidence.

T'las: You always do.

Admiral, concerning 2 years ago--

Soval: I consider the matter closed.

T'las: You could have taken me to Vulcan and let the High Command decide how to proceed.

Soval: And it would have risked your death. Logically, it was the only decision.

T'las: Logic doesn't usually enter into it with humans. You knew what you were doing, right?

Soval: Commander, I consider the matter closed as long as you wish it to be. Most Vulcans prefer not to discuss it.

T'las: I'm half-Human.

Soval: And your capacity for logic while balancing your diminished emotions has been a source of fascination and inspiration from me.

T'las: For someone who seems to want to let his emotions reveal themselves, you sure have trouble being direct with it... which is odd for a Vulcan.

Soval: T'las, what happened 2 years ago was not within your control. You have nothing to be ashamed of. I, however, was your superior officer. While the decision was logical and a fulfilment of my duties as your Commanding Officer, it was... morally questionable.

T'las: From a human perspective, perhaps. I owe you my life.

Soval: How did you get through the Pon Farr the first time?

T'las: I... would prefer not to say.

Soval: Fascinating. Your hesitance to answer the question would seem to denote shame, but your tone would suggest that you feel the answer is a foolish one. Would this be embarrassment, Commander?

T'las: Sir, are mocking me?

Soval: Merely stating a question of intrigue.

T'las: Of course. Mocking would be an emotional, and completely human response.

Soval: Precisely.

T'las: It still sounds like mocking.

Soval: How is it possible that one with ears so... Vulcan, can make such simple auditory errors?

T'las: Assuming it was an error.

Soval: Was there anything else, Commander?

*T'las smirks, noticing his pathetically obvious attempt to end the conversation.*

T'las: No sir.

Soval: Very well.

*T'las begins to leave, turning back at the door.*

T'las: For the record, that attempt to end the conversation was obvious and pathetic, and, by the way, completely illogical.

*She leaves and Soval looks down at a PADD on his desk. He picks it up and begins going through the Duty Roster for the next week, attempting to completely dismiss the previous conversation from his mind.*

Soval *to himself*: "Attempt to end the conversation"? Illogical.

True, but... illogical.
The Game of Houses (A Klingon fan-fic)

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
# 26
06-13-2013, 09:12 AM
*ESD*

Flight Director: I'm sorry Admiral, but at the moment we do not have any shuttles to spare for you.

Voporak: Can you check?

Flight Director: I already did.

Voporak: Oh... I see.

*Voporak puts his hands in his pockets and walks away*

I guess I'm stuck on this place for the next few hours. Perhaps- *he pauses and thinks* no, no one to pay a visit to here. I ran out of friends.

*He heads back to the club*
Quote:
Lieutenant
# 27
06-16-2013, 02:01 AM
(OOC: Hello! Longtime STO player, but new to RPing! Decided to try it out focusing on a regular member of the crew rather than a captain. Let's see how it goes! Also, I'm open to tips and constructive criticism. Like I said, I'm new at this.)

.S.S. Vancouver, Federation Borders]

Ensign Leko Wil was never fond of wake-up alarms, but being woken up by one at 2200hrs felt as unpleasant as being revived by a cortical stimulator. Though time of day may not mean much aboard a ship travelling multiple times the speed of light, the common need for sleep has made it necessary for ships to function with artificial day and night cycles since the beginning of space exploration, thus making night shifts just as dreadful as ever. Wil acknowledged the alarm and the computer responded with a stern beep followed by silence.

Now then, time for breakfast.

Ens. Wil doubled as a tactical officer and security personnel aboard the U.S.S. Vancouver, a Trident class Deep Space Science Vessel on its return trip from a mission to analyze the properties of the Great Barrier surrounding the Galactic Centre, and now, three years since the start of its assignment, the Vancouver had just crossed the border into the far reaches of Federation space. Although it may not have been a tactical officer's dream assignment, the mission was not completely uneventful. After all, between the Sol system and the Galactic Centre lies Klingon and Gorn space. There were even a few fights to break up in the lounge. However, upon reentering Federation space, the tactical to-do list shortened drastically to a measly number of maintenance drills and routine diagnostics. The hours seemed to pass even more sluggishly with four fifths of the crew sound asleep.

The turbo doors opened and Wil stepped onto the bridge. The Big Chair was occupied by Chief of Operations Lt. Shrod, who gave him a quick welcome. Wil dismissed the swing shift officer manning the tactical station and took his post.

Wil: And so the fun begins.

Shrod: Yup. Though you never know, there could be an armada of Klingons just outside of sensor range.
Wil: As much as I enjoy a little excitement, I think I'd prefer a quiet night over instant destruction by a Klingon armada.

Shrod: Perhaps you're right. Today may not be such a good day to die.

Stanton: Wise words, sir.

Ensign Stanton only recently started receiving bridge duty shifts. As a junior officer, he's considered himself to be quite lucky for the opportunity, considering the sheer amount of other science officers aboard the ship. Though he's been keeping mostly to himself over the past week, he's started to open up little by little.

The following few hours went by relatively quietly, with the odd info requests and the getting-to-know sessions between Shrod and Stanton. Wil kept cycling through his monitoring systems. It was the type of work that required just enough concentration to prevent his mind from wandering, but not enough to be mentally stimulating. He wondered if this is how Admiral Quinn must feel.

I don't think i've ever seen him leave that desk.

The floor of the bridge then began to vibrate quite violently, accompanied by the fading of the hum of the warp engines.

Conn: Sir, we've dropped out of warp. We're completely adrift!

Wil's first reaction was to check the long range scanners for signs of an attacker, but his console was black.

This can't be right...

Wil: Sir, I've lost everything. Shields, weapons, long-range scanners... They're all gone.

Shrod: Well what do we have?

Ops: I still have internal sensors, sir! Power loss all throughout the ship. It seems to be getting worse around a specific epicentre. Artificial gravity is down in deck 6 sector 7, and the lights aren't even on in the science lab in that area.

Stanton: Sir! That lab contains particle samples collected from the Great Barrier.

Shrod: Well, I guess we found our culprit. Get teams together to bring power back online ASAP. I want any and all available science officers with a working tricorder on deck six figuring out how these particles are causing this power loss, how to stop it, and more importantly, how to keep it away from life support!

The turboloft doors swooshed open and Captain Thryiss briskly entered the bridge, still fixing her collar.

Thryiss: Report!

Even after three years aboard the ship, Wil still can't seem to get used to being in the same room as the captain, let alone her bridge. He can't help but feel like she's recording everything he does, more specifically, every little mistake.

Thryiss: Can anyone give me anything?

That's my cue!

Wil: Captain, emergency power is still settling in, but in the meantime I can give you limited subspace communication.

Thryiss: I'll take it! Send out a distress signal and tell Earth Space Dock we'll be behind schedule. While you're at it, ask them if they can spare a ship to provide some assistance.

Wil: Aye, captain! Sending message to Earth Space Dock now.
Captain
# 28
06-16-2013, 07:24 AM
OOC: That was great! Just one thing, you'll want to separate action by two *s.

*ESD*

Quinn: I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm sending you on an assignment. (OOC: Quinn is a Fleet Admiral so yes, he can give Voporak orders.)

Voporak: As long as it gets me off of spacedock, I'm fine with it.

Quinn: The U.S.S. Vancouver has sent a distress call asking for assistance. Seeing as how you're so eager to go somewhere, I want you to help them.

Voporak: Wouldn't you want to send something other than a warship for that?

Quinn: If there's a bigger problem, you can call for more help.

Voporak: Understood. When will I be leaving?

Quinn: As soon as your ship is ready.

Voporak: Wonderful.

*Voporak exits the room*

Quinn: I hope that wasn't a terrible idea.

*Voporak beams up to the U.S.S. Black Phantom and marches onto the bridge*

Voporak: Are we fully resupplied?

May (Chief operations officer): Yes,

Voporak: Good. We're going to go save the Vancouver. Set a course to its distress signal, warp 9. Move us out of the drydock at one-quarter impulse. Thrusters are too slow.

*The Black Phantom slides out of the dock and moves away from Earth orbit*

Ludicrous speed!

Mirra (1st officer): Sir?

Voporak: I'm sorry, I just wanted to say that. Take us to warp.

*The ship warps out*

Send a message to the Vancouver. Ask them what the problem is and if we need to take any precautions.

Mirra: Sending them a message now.
Quote:
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
06-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
OOC: That was great! Just one thing, you'll want to separate action by two *s.

*ESD*

Quinn: I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm sending you on an assignment. (OOC: Quinn is a Fleet Admiral so yes, he can give Voporak orders.)

Voporak: As long as it gets me off of spacedock, I'm fine with it.

Quinn: The U.S.S. Vancouver has sent a distress call asking for assistance. Seeing as how you're so eager to go somewhere, I want you to help them.

Voporak: Wouldn't you want to send something other than a warship for that?

Quinn: If there's a bigger problem, you can call for more help.

Voporak: Understood. When will I be leaving?

Quinn: As soon as your ship is ready.

Voporak: Wonderful.

*Voporak exits the room*

Quinn: I hope that wasn't a terrible idea.

*Voporak beams up to the U.S.S. Black Phantom and marches onto the bridge*

Voporak: Are we fully resupplied?

May (Chief operations officer): Yes,

Voporak: Good. We're going to go save the Vancouver. Set a course to its distress signal, warp 9. Move us out of the drydock at one-quarter impulse. Thrusters are too slow.

*The Black Phantom slides out of the dock and moves away from Earth orbit*

Ludicrous speed!

Mirra (1st officer): Sir?

Voporak: I'm sorry, I just wanted to say that. Take us to warp.

*The ship warps out*

Send a message to the Vancouver. Ask them what the problem is and if we need to take any precautions.

Mirra: Sending them a message now.
*U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Earth Orbit. Soval is sitting on the Bridge looking over a briefing on the known situation with the Vancouver.*

Soval: Lieutenant Ores, if we leave immediately at Slipstream speed, when will we arrive at the Vancouver's position in relation to the Black Phantom?

*Lt. Ores (a Ferengi) turns from his position at Ops.*

Ores: We would arrive 2 hours ahead of the Black Phantom, but they would detect us.

Soval: Prepare to break orbit in 2 hours, 30 minutes.

*He turns to T'las next to him.*

Commander, instruct the crewmen leading the cadet teams to inform the cadets that they are provisional crewmen from 2 hours from now. If any of them wish to return to the Academy, the Yellowstone will be ready to leave in precisely 2 hours, 10 minutes.

T'las: Aye sir.

Soval: Send a transmission to the Vancouver requesting a detailed mission profile and information on anything we should be prepared for when we arrive.

Contact the U.S.S. Armitage Battle Group and request a frontline status report for the Vancouver's area.

Ores: Aye sir!
The Game of Houses (A Klingon fan-fic)

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Lieutenant
# 30
06-16-2013, 10:49 AM
[U.S.S. Vancouver, Federation Borders]

*Ensign Wil is at the tactical station and has been put in charge of communications. Captain Thryiss is in her chair, conferring with her first officer, Commander Audler. Over the years, Wil has learned to be weary of Audler and his strict way of handling the crew, which seems to amplify when the Captain's around. A notification beeps and text scrolls onto the screen.*

Wil: Captain, Earth Space Dock has received our distress signal! They've sent the U.S.S. Black Phantom... and the U.S.S. Bunker Hill.

Audler: Seems a bit excessive, don't you think?

Thryiss: I'm not complaining at this point, Commander. I take it they'd like a status report, Ensign Wil?

Wil: Yes, Captain.

Thryiss: Good. Me too. *She taps her combadge* Engineering, this is the Bridge. What's new in our situation?

Engineering: Nothing good, Captain. The power failures seem to be getting worse. Deck 6 section 7 is completely in the dark and half of the deck is without artificial gravity. Not even atmospheric controls are online in the science lab.

Thryiss: Lieutenant, are you meaning to tell me that we could soon be without life support if we don't take control of this situation soon?

Engineering: ... Yes, Captain.

Thryiss: Understood. Thryiss out. Ensign Stanton. How are the science teams progressing?

Stanton: Captain, the teams are doing everything they can to figure out how these particles are affecting our systems, but their tricorders are showing nothing, and without power, we don't have access to our more advanced equipment.

Audler: Sir, these things are draining the entire ship. I recommend we jettison them immediately.

*Thryiss bites her lip. After a short pause, she taps her combadge.*

Thryiss: Engineering, based on the rate at which these particles are affecting our systems, how long do we have before we lose life support in the critical areas of the ship?

Engineering: Calculating now captain... I reckon we have two hours.

Thryiss: Thank you. Thryiss out. (To Audler) Jettisoning those particles may have to be an option, but I will not do so until absolutely necessary. I am not wasting three years of our lives all because of one deck is floating around with a stale atmosphere. Ensign Wil, what's the ETA on our two knights in shining armour?

Wil: About two hours, Captain.

Thryiss: We'll make it. Send them our full status report. And see if they can find a way to safely contain the Great Barrier particles. One sitting duck is enough, we don't need two more.

Wil: Aye, Captain.

Two hours? That's not so bad. Still beats a Klingon armada.