Lt. Commander
# 1 MMOGames.cz Interviews Craig
12-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Our Czech friends at MMOGames.cz interviewed Executive Producer Craig Zinkievich. Give the article a read here. (Scroll down for the English version.)

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Not much new here - almost verbatim with one of the other interviews in the Wednesday roundup news item.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2009, 06:24 PM
I dunno ... I found a couple of statements interesting.

In particular, if you take Craig at his word, they didn't even investigate fleet space stations, shipyards or the like. "Its something wed love to investigate post-launch..." So in other words, it was never really on the list and Jack was just blowing smoke up our ....

The other comment that bothers me is; "I think the best feedback weve gotten isnt suggestions for new game systems, but the little tweaks that make the whole game more accessible and easy to get into."

So in other words, they were careful to pick the people who wouldn't criticize their existing systems, and they made sure to get the "less accomplished" players in there that would show they how much more they need to dumb down the game.

Yeah, yeah ... you can blast me for being negative ... I'm just reading what he says.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepath View Post

In particular, if you take Craig at his word, they didn't even investigate fleet space stations, shipyards or the like. "Its something wed love to investigate post-launch..." So in other words, it was never really on the list and Jack was just blowing smoke up our ....

The other comment that bothers me is; "I think the best feedback weve gotten isnt suggestions for new game systems, but the little tweaks that make the whole game more accessible and easy to get into."

So in other words, they were careful to pick the people who wouldn't criticize their existing systems, and they made sure to get the "less accomplished" players in there that would show they how much more they need to dumb down the game.

Yeah, yeah ... you can blast me for being negative ... I'm just reading what he says.
Hi,
Your comments here I don't think address this properly. You have to look at this as a walk before you can run concept. From what I read there should be plenty of content for when the game starts so you can learn to play the game and get used to it. Those tweaks they are finding is fixing the code so what is written so far works properly. Once that is done the game will be playable so people enjoy it when it starts. Not sure how your view on existing system can be when we have not seen them yet? You bet that they have to make since and be function properly or they will lay a goose egg on the game. If you mean or are addressing content I'll bet that they will add it to the game like other MMO's once they see the fleets getting tired of fighting the Klingons and Borg or just exploring outside of the Epsiodes.
I hope this may give a different prospective
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepath View Post

I don't look at it that way at all. I think the whole point of beta testing is to work on the small (okay, sometimes not so small) issues that need to be fixed so that the game is polished at launch -- not to substantially alter gameplay so that it fits what a select few members of the community want. As far as using "less accomplished" players, I don't really see how there is such a thing; after all, everyone who is playing the game is doing so for the same reason (to have fun), so I don't really see how one type of player can be more accomplished than another when the game hasn't even officially launched yet.