Lt. Commander
# 11
05-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake122svk View Post
Well, unless "the near future" means a half year, that is...
In the grand scheme of things, that is very near-future

As with anything in MMOs though, the new stuff will be released SoonTM.
"But in-game I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason you were brought into the forums, that by knowing me here for a little, you might know me better there."
Career Officer
# 12
05-24-2013, 04:21 PM
I suspect it'll be awhile They promised people that play can be enjoyed without using a warp core. Proliferating it to a requirement will take some time. IN addition, they need something as a sink for Energy Credits and dilithium
Career Officer
# 13
05-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillee View Post
I suspect it'll be awhile They promised people that play can be enjoyed without using a warp core. Proliferating it to a requirement will take some time. IN addition, they need something as a sink for Energy Credits and dilithium
Oh, fleet stuff is quite the dilithium sink, believe me. And since we need fleet credits, it's quite an EC sink as well (all those medical doffs being turned into mortar have to come from somewhere).

Then again I'm still waiting for my embassy Field Generator. And shall wait for it forever.
Captain
# 14
05-25-2013, 05:22 PM
i would already settle for a mk xi as a crafting option...

i'd say warp cores were poorly implemented into the game. there should have been atleast 3 option (fleet, crafting, doffing) to get those.
Go pro or go home
Ensign
# 15
05-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Oh, fleet stuff is quite the dilithium sink, believe me. And since we need fleet credits, it's quite an EC sink as well (all those medical doffs being turned into mortar have to come from somewhere).

Then again I'm still waiting for my embassy Field Generator. And shall wait for it forever.
Indeed given it'd probably be 100,000 FC and 30,000 Dil for one they will have their sink.

I assume we will see more options there in the next season. I just wish they had done a more intelligent job with seeding the Very Rare variants. Not having dilithium, crafting, doffing, or reputation available ones seems like a huge oversight. Especially given the variety of cores...
Commander
# 16
06-07-2013, 09:05 AM
I using a green overcharged Warpcore I got from s drop, its get, it gives me 5 more to my AUX. Now my fighters only have a 24 second cool down.
Lieutenant
# 17
06-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onikiri View Post
I just wish they had done a more intelligent job with seeding the Very Rare variants. Not having dilithium, crafting, doffing, or reputation available ones seems like a huge oversight. Especially given the variety of cores...
So far, I have run the DOFF mission to make a core 4 times, and got a Very Rare mk XI core twice.

Getting VR cores has been a pretty simple affair for me. Granted, I have a hopelessly bloated DOFF army that makes it easier for me to crit assignments than I suspect most people.

Still, though: getting a new core with one or more fancy toys built into it is a matter of tapping your engineer on the shoulder every couple of days.
Career Officer
# 18
06-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
i would already settle for a mk xi as a crafting option...

i'd say warp cores were poorly implemented into the game. there should have been atleast 3 option (fleet, crafting, doffing) to get those.
I agree with the idea of your post and sry to nitpick however:

There are 5 options to get them. Dil store, Doffing, and drops from fleet alerts/stfs, and the ship requisition store, plus if wanting to fly the Tal Shiar ships they have the first of the set type Warp Cores.

Really the additional ways I think they should be avaliable:

Mission rewards, you get, Deflectors, shields and engines, even updated non-set shields and engines in The Klingon War mission Past Imperfect for instance. So warp cores seem to be missing here...

Crafting (as mentioned). Fleet Holdings supply, and Omega/Romulan/Nakura/Next time round rep system.

Other ship parts are avalible with those 4 so come on bring in the Warp Cores in the same way.
Republic Veteran
# 19
06-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Soon?

Fleet Warp/Singularity Cores are coming with the new Dilithium Mine holding, on Tribble now.