Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
The fleet holding was and quoted 'bring substantial increases' to the ability of small fleets to organize starbase construction. Initial math is showing that not only is this not even a 'substantial' difference, it's actually a huge resource sink for a very very long term benefit that will take a long time to 'pay off'.

This leads us, as a community, to believe that there is MOST DEFINETLY a bug in the math behind the system. Thinking the 3% should be 30% someone must have just missed a zero.

Thanks in advance Cryptic for fixing this awful bug.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-12-2013, 04:25 PM
once it hits t3 its 9% reduction....and its cheaper as each teir is reached for upgrading as the 3% stacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 3
06-14-2013, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
once it hits t3 its 9% reduction....and its cheaper as each teir is reached for upgrading as the 3% stacks
Even if you do the Mine first, you will be further from completing the Starbase than if you just built the Starbase alone.

That's not helping out small fleets at all. In fact, it's been estimated that you would need another 3-4 holdings *after* the mine in order to just break even.
Rihannsu
# 4
06-14-2013, 04:16 AM
Depends how you look at it.

In a VERY long term, this 9% discount will be noticeable, especially when Cryptic introduces more holdings in the future.

As it stands though, reaching Tier 3 is still gonna be a challenge for smaller fleets, if the costs are gonna remain the same as the embassy, with each project requiring dilithium and Mining Provisions in addition to other commodities. Even now one of my fleets is struggling with Tier 3 Embassy, because it requires even more dilithium total than a Tier 4 Starbase...

True, the discounts are a nice addition to some other nifty benefits we'll get, including new items, but if we're to judge the discount alone as a supposedly "substantial" difference for smaller fleets, then I as well believe the Mine is gonna end up draining even more resources than people would otherwise spend to reach any higher starbase Tier.
Captain
# 5
06-14-2013, 04:47 AM
Wait, the dilithium mine takes dilithium to make?

That's..... just stupid. Are we mining the dilithium, or putting it back in the mine?
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Rihannsu
# 6
06-14-2013, 05:03 AM
Not to say it's really that stupid, but yeah, the mine requires dilithium and from what I've seen it's the same amounts as the embassy, so we can expect Tier 3 to cost 2mln dilithium...

Still, any info on the daily missions and how much they provide?
Captain
# 7
06-14-2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Not to say it's really that stupid, but yeah, the mine requires dilithium and from what I've seen it's the same amounts as the embassy, so we can expect Tier 3 to cost 2mln dilithium...

Still, any info on the daily missions and how much they provide?

Its just....really illogical that a dilithium mine takes dilithium to make.

Are they putting the dilithium on the asteroid before they mine it or something ?
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-14-2013, 06:54 AM
With the current costs the actual 'discount' and when it 'pays off' is just not acceptable. With the cost of the holding itself you're looking at a VERY VERY long term pay off. So much so that it's not really helping much - it's more of an investment.

TBH, if it costs 2 million; 10% off all future holding STILL isn't acceptable
Career Officer
# 9
06-14-2013, 08:38 AM
so if I understand right the max discount is 9% ?

so for example my fleet is working on the T2 Embassy upgrade need 1mil dilith, if we managed to go full-tilt and complete the dilithium mine it would only cost us 910k vs 1mil?

that doesn't seem like much of a discount, now if it was 20%

it would be 800k vs 1mil

or 30%

700k vs 1mil that seems like a much better incentive.

All in all we will probably do the mine because some of those consoles look sweet
Rihannsu
# 10
06-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Its just....really illogical that a dilithium mine takes dilithium to make.

Are they putting the dilithium on the asteroid before they mine it or something ?
Right, because when they drill for oil they don't use petroleum products to lubricate the machinery or power the tankers and drilling platforms that are needed to get petroleum.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.