Captain
# 1 How to obtain Fleet doffs?
06-12-2013, 08:16 PM
As I've been mostly ignoring the Fleet system (rather solo player), there are some things I don't necessarily take for granted in it.

For instance: fleet doffs.

1) As I understand it, after achieving Tier 1 starbase, the starbase personnel officer gains a store with random common fleet doffs.
a) Is this personnel officer the one standing in the 'operations' floor of the starbase?
b) Is there an unlock project for the store (or rather those random common doffs) to be unlocked? Or is it automatically available after the Tier 1 starbase upgrade finishes?

2) After achieving Tier 2 of any category of the starbase: Shipyard, Fabricator, Comm array, the personnel officer should offer common tac/sec, eng/ops and sci/med doffs.
a) Again, would that be the same personnel officer that is in Ops on the Starbase?
b) Again, is it needed to run some project to unlock those categories of doffs? Or are they added automatically to the personnel officer?
c) Is a Tier 1 starbase, or previously unlocked random common doffs project (if it exists) necessary to get access to those tac/sec, eng/ops, sci/med doffs? (As you can get high tiers in either shipyard, fabricator or comm array without upgrading the starbase.)

Thanks to any who can answer.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Rihannsu
# 2
06-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
For instance: fleet doffs
1) That's correct. Common at tier 1, up to purple at tier 4.
a) Yes. You'll find him in the command center near the hologram of the starbase. His dialogue says "commission duty officers."
b) No, it's an automatic unlock as you tier up.

2) Correct. Common at tier 2, through purple at tier 5.
a) same vendor as the random boxes
b) automatic unlock.
c) unknown to me, others might be able to confirm.
Captain
# 3
06-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
1) That's correct. Common at tier 1, up to purple at tier 4.
a) Yes. You'll find him in the command center near the hologram of the starbase. His dialogue says "commission duty officers."
b) No, it's an automatic unlock as you tier up.

2) Correct. Common at tier 2, through purple at tier 5.
a) same vendor as the random boxes
b) automatic unlock.
c) unknown to me, others might be able to confirm.
Thanks very much.

Now I think I can deduce 2) c) myself: Barring a bug on my side, the Tier 1 starbase is needed for any doffs to be available from the personnel officer. (As I've been on a starbase that's Tier 0, yet with a Tier 2 shipyard, where tac/sec doffs weren't available from the personnel officer. A typical: 'More progress is necessary to unlock...' showed on the personnel oficer.)

I guess it is settled then.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!